+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Buzz Aldrin & Ashly Costa - Season 10

Re: Buzz Aldrin & Ashly Costa - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;3846660;
    I agree that he is doing this for the experience. Wonderful guy, and he certainly deserves this opportunity. Maybe he'll surprise everyone. . .?
    He's already suprised the entire world once by going to the moon, this should be a cakewalk(as opossed to a moonwalk ). I'm so happy that there is at least one show out there that includes older Americans in it's cast, particulalry someone like Aldrin who is a genuine hero and a fascinating individual in his own right. Also, I'm guessing if anyone is dumb enough to call him `cute' and `adorable', as people are want to do when talking about a older people, he'll probaby punch them in the face
    "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" — Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm cheesy enough to hope he attempts a moonwalk (I kid, I kid). But every news outlet I've seen cover this cast brings that up when talking about Buzz.

Buzz is a surprising choice and I hope he does surprise. I think he'll be the sentimental favorite this season, just because he has accomplished something that's put him in the history books, as opposed to the books of scandals. No one can ever take away his legacy. I'll enjoy rooting for him and Ashly, who I can't say enough how happy I am to see back. And in no way do I think he'll be anywhere near as annoying or aggrivating as Cloris.

Did anyone see their cast pic? It's so cute!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Interesting. I doubt he will last long and feel a little sorry for his partner, but it might be nice for a new generation to find out who this guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3848112;
    Did anyone see their cast pic? It's so cute!
    Where are these cast pics? I couldn't see them at the ABC site. Are they somewhere else? Thanks!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Buzz, bless his heart, I gave him an A for effort. And he's probably closest to a real celeb than any of these people will ever be. They'll just be another name on the show and go down with the flurry of has beens of Hollywood. Buzz is in the history books and accomplished something fantastic. Even though he looked uncomfortable, in pain, and happy all at once when he was dancing, I think he inspired many tonight and will go out with his head held high even if he's the first to go. I don't expect him to last long, but I think people will be more inspired to keep him around because of who he is rather than because they love trainwreck TV like a certain other clunker.

And I loved his "cute babe" comment to Ashly I'm so happy she's back.

This might sound weird, but I thought he was adorable! He's not great at dancing, but he makes me smile. He at least has personality... unlike a few others (~coughevancough~).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3860766;
    This might sound weird, but I thought he was adorable! He's not great at dancing, but he makes me smile.
    Nope, not weird, I completely agree. I was smiling the whole time he was dancing. And, he's SUCH a charmer!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie;3861298;
    Nope, not weird, I completely agree. I was smiling the whole time he was dancing. And, he's SUCH a charmer!
    Count me in! The man is not only an American hero, he is a world hero. He's willing to challenge himself and to laugh at himself at the age of 80. Will he or should he win? No to both, but I love watching him and I love giving the viewers a chance to see someone who is really worth admiring. I hope only that he outlasts toxic Kate.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Ashly has lost so much weight that I barely recognized her from before. She still looks great, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast