For next weeks (3/23/09) dances, the couples are reportedly dancing the Samba and the Foxtrot.
The couples reportedly dancing the Foxtrot are:
David & Kym The foxtrot is described as:
Shawn & Mark
Ty & Chelsie
Steve-O & Lacey
Melissa & Tony
Chuck & Julianne
______________________________ ______________________________ ____
- a very smooth dance
- There should be no jerkiness
- Lots of forward or backward moving patterns which are straight and well aligned
- The timing is everything. It needs to be: slow, quick, quick, slow.
- Distinctive moves:
- The Weave - is six quick steps in a row, all on the toes.
- The Feather Step - when the man steps outside the girl.
- zig zag patterns that the dancers create on the floor.
- Couples can break the "hold" allowing more open movements, including under arm turns.
Those reportedly dancing the Samba are:
Lil' Kim & DerekThe Samba is described as:
Gilles & Cheryl
Holly & Dmitry
Lawrence & Edyta
Denise & Maksim
Steve & Karina
- A very rhythmical dance with lots of hip action.
- It has walking steps and side steps. Along with a vertical bounce action. Use of the ball of the foot is essential.
- The Basic step is a crossing action in front of the body, where you step across with the bounce
- It should include a rolling movement from the waist up. The upper body circles as you create a six-step turning group. (this is called a Samba Roll)
- Another move is called a Botafogo, which is a traveling walk with a change of direction from left to right or right to left.
- You will see lots of outstretched arms.
- The dance ends with throwing of heads back and arms splayed out