Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Janel Parrish & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 19

Janel Parrish & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 19

Janel Parrish
    Season 19

Paired with Val Chmerkovskiy

Follow Janel on Twitter
    Follow Val on Twitter

Born in Hawaii, Janel started her career with a love for music. She entered and won a statewide singing contest at age 6 and soon followed that with being cast in the National Touring Company and Broadway Company of Les Miserables as Little Cosette. It wasn’t long before Janel’s Broadway experience and recognition led to acting auditions in Hollywood. While studying acting, Janel continued to train vocally, eventually adding piano to her repertoire. She also began writing her own music, which led to becoming the lead singer in a 3 girl pop group called “Impulse” as well as a recording deal with Geffen Records.

Currently, Janel can be seen as “Mona” in the top-rated ABC Family TV series, Pretty Little Liars. For her role she won the “Choice TV Villain” award at the 2012 and 2013 Teen Choice Awards as well as a TV Guide Award nomination. Her love of musical theater also remains. In 2012, Parrish returned to her theater roots in Over the Moon Productions' intimate presentation of the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical Spring Awakening as Anna. In 2014, she hit the stage in For the Record: Baz Luhrmann as well as For the Record: Tarantino. Other television credits include Drop Dead Diva, Hawaii Five-O, Heroes, Gepetto, Baywatch, The O’Keefe’s, The Bernie Mac Show, Zoey 101, True Jackson, VP, and The O.C. She has also graced the big screen starring in feature films such as Bratz: The Movie, One Kine Day and Knots.

Val Chmerkovskiy

Valentin Chmerkovskiy joined the cast of professional dancers on Dancing With the Stars in 2011. The 13-time US National Champion and two-time World Dance Champion quickly rose to stardom becoming one of the show's fan-favorites for impeccable performances that showcased not only immense talent and creativity, but an undeniable charisma to match.

Since his TV debut, the Ukrainian-born dance champion continues to steal the hearts of fans—both on and off the dance floor. Val has expanded upon his talents as a dancer, choreographer and instructor to create an empire that inspires others through the art of dance. Valentin co-founded Dance With Me Studios, one of the nation’s leading Latin and Ballroom dance studios, where he also lends his expertise as the venue’s Art Director. The success of the first studio ignited a passion for teaching his craft, leading him to pursue his latest endeavor Dance With Me Juniors, a program he proudly designed to keep kids healthy, focused and active. Val is also a classically trained Violinist, having performed in Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center as a concertmaster of the ISO Youth Orchestra.

Dancing With The Stars Cast Members, Characters & Stars - ABC.com

Re: Janel Parrish & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 19

At least her looks will fit in well with Sexy Val.
    RBmumsie likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

I wasn't going to watch, but I think Janel could be very good. She, Alfonso and Bethany all have jive first. I think these three are the front runners given their dance background and each having the Jive will be a good comparison.

I always like Val and his dance partners for some reason, so I'm looking forward to this one.

I don't know her, but at least she's an real actress and singer who's earned the right to be here. I'm eager to see her dance with Val and I hope he'll do well.
    BTW and EnglishCadbury like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think this is the gal Val chose, he has been after her for awhile. I have no clue who she is, wonder what her fan base is ,like. Not a fan of Val though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I just read Janel's blog and I like what she's saying. Loving the experience, wants to win, but if she doesn't she just wants to really learn and enjoy it. That's all we can ask I think.
    Florimel, ilja and MountainBreeze like this.

FORT Fogey

Janel and Val are really making the most of social media in the days before the show so that will whip their fanbases up. Some of the others have been a little quiet. I think with Twitter votes this season it's going to be about visibility so it doesnt hurt to post silly instagrams and vines.

She has a ton of potential and already seems to have a great chemistry with Val. Out of all of the pairings, I'm most excited to see where this pairing goes in the coming weeks.
    EnglishCadbury likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    She has a ton of potential and already seems to have a great chemistry with Val. Out of all of the pairings, I'm most excited to see where this pairing goes in the coming weeks.
    Agreed, Keo was asked today about who was going to be the one to watch he said Janel. Sasha said the same thing to a papararrazzi after the show. It seems there's a lot of really positive vibes from the dancers about her, so that's a pretty good sign that she's going to do well. Even with the 7th place first night she got an awful lot of youtube views and twitter trending both Janel and Val and "grandma swag" so it seems the support is there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast