Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Lea Thompson & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 19

Lea Thompson & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 19

Lea Thompson
    Season 19

Paired with Artem Chigvintsev

Follow Lea on Twitter
    Follow Artem on Twitter

Lea Thompson is perhaps best known for her role as the various incarnations of Lorraine McFly in Back to the Future I, II, and III (Kid’s Choice Film Actress Award) and as the star of Caroline in the City (People’s Choice Award). Thompson has starred in more than 30 films, 25 television movies, 4 television series, more than 20 ballets, and starred on Broadway in Cabaret. Lea can currently be seen on ABC Family’s Peabody Award winning hit show Switched at Birth, where she acts and directs. Lea’s movie credits include: All the Right Moves, Red Dawn, Some Kind of Wonderful, The Beverly Hillbillies, Howard The Duck (star and vocals), Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar; the 2014 Sundance favorite Ping Pong Summer; and soon to be released Left Behind starring Nicolas Cage.

Lea lives in Los Angeles with her husband of twenty-five years, film/television director Howard Deutch, and their two talented daughters, Madelyn and Zoey, along with many dogs, fish, horses, chickens, a cat, tortoise, and parrot. She supports and often performs for breast cancer, mental health, and Alzheimer’s charities. Lea is currently in pre-production on “The Year of Spectacular Men,” a film written by her daughter Madelyn Deutch, and is writing her first book of essays

Artem Chigvintsev

Originally from Russia, dancing has taken Artem all over the world. In 2010, Artem made his professional dancing debut on the original UK version of DWTS, Strictly Come Dancing. Paired with Kara Tointon, they went on to win the coveted Mirrorball Trophy, making Artem one of the first professionals to win the series as a first-time Pro.

Additionally, Artem was one of the choreographers on the British second series of So You Think You Can Dance and a finalist on SYTCD in the US. In 2014, Artem joined the troupe on Dancing with the Stars and this season, joins as a first time Pro.

Dancing With The Stars Cast Members, Characters & Stars - ABC.com

Re: Lea Thompson & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 19

Lea has a dance background, so she might turn out to be pretty good. I think she may have the same challenges as someone like Jennifer Grey did with age.

I remember years ago reading an interview with Lea about why she quit ballet. It was an interaction with Baryshnikov where he called her "stocky." Ouch. She was teeny, but I sort of got what he meant. It wasn't about body fat; it was just her build. Still....OUCH.

I'm excited to see Artem this season!
    jucamer likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

She always be McFly's girlfriend to me.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I'm looking forward to seeing what these two can do!
    BTW likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

She looks good, could be a good pairing
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Leah could be very good particularly in the Standard dances. If she has hips then we might have a real contender.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    She always be McFly's girlfriend to me.
    Wasn't that McFly's mother? Except in the first one when the he went back to the '50's and she had a crush on him.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

That's when she kept calling him Calvin. Fun movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Wasn't that McFly's mother? Except in the first one when the he went back to the '50's and she had a crush on him.
    Oh that's right! What was I thinking? Oedipus?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

I saw a brief clip of Lea and Artem dancing. Lea is going to be one of my favorites.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast