+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Who Do You Want To Win DWTS Season 18?

Who Do You Want To Win DWTS Season 18?

So the season finale of DWTS is just a few days away so who do you guys want to win? My ranks are

1. Meryl and Maks
    2. James and Peta
    3. Amy and Derek
    4. Candace and Mark

I know there are many Amy and Derek fans and believe me i am one of them but i just feel that if Amy and Derek win it will be because of her disability and getting sympathy votes not because she is the best dancer. I want Meryl and Maks to win because Meryl is the best dancer in my opinion and Maks is sooo far overdue for a win. I think it will all come down to the freestyle though, whoever has the best freestyle will win. Donald Driver won in season 14 because his freestyle was the best but he wasnt the best dancer that season, Katherine Jenkins was. Kelly Pickler won season 16 because she had the best freestyle but Zendaya was the best dancer that season. Meryl and Maks must have a perfect freestyle in order to win
    Coco46 and hmauterson like this.

Re: Who Do You Want To Win DWTS Season 18?

I want Amy and Derek to win. I think Meryl and Maks will

I love the freestyle and I think both of those I mentioned will do well. Well, I know Derek will, I loved his with Kellie .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I want Meryl and Maks...but wonder if Amy and Derek will.

My choices:

1. Meryl/ Maks
    2. James/Pete
    3. Amy/Derek
    4. Candace/Mark
    renzii, Coco46 and Mreid like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Newbie

I've seen a surprising number of people putting Amy in 3rd place. I find it interesting, because I would think her natural dance ability, personal story and very popular partner would land her in a strong second, but people seem to be really, really bothered by the overscoring and the unfortunate one-two punch of the stool and the table. The judges would have been doing her a big favor if they'd scored her more appropriately and been willing to point out her non-leg related mistakes and deficiencies. They managed to turn the underdog into somebody people are angry at for having an unfair advantage, which is kind of amazing.
    sunshine3331, Coco46 and Photobabe like this.

FORT Fogey

1.Meryl & Maks
    2. Amy & Derek
    3. Candace & Mark
    4. Peta & James

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    So the season finale of DWTS is just a few days away so who do you guys want to win? My ranks are

1. Meryl and Maks
    2. James and Peta
    3. Amy and Derek
    4. Candace and Mark

I know there are many Amy and Derek fans and believe me i am one of them but i just feel that if Amy and Derek win it will be because of her disability and getting sympathy votes not because she is the best dancer. I want Meryl and Maks to win because Meryl is the best dancer in my opinion and Maks is sooo far overdue for a win. I think it will all come down to the freestyle though, whoever has the best freestyle will win. Donald Driver won in season 14 because his freestyle was the best but he wasnt the best dancer that season, Katherine Jenkins was. Kelly Pickler won season 16 because she had the best freestyle but Zendaya was the best dancer that season. Meryl and Maks must have a perfect freestyle in order to win
    Donald Driver won because he had the most fans, not because of a freestyle. JR Martinez had a stinky freestyle, Nicole Scherzinger had a huge error. The freestyle is over rated. The odds going into finale have yet to be wrong. No one changes their mind, they just solidify why they vote for someone who may or may not deserve it. They don't care about technique or anything to do with dancing.
    BTW Amy Purdy is at the top of the odds. Just another ridiculous season from the get go.

Whom I'd like to see win, in this order:
    1. Meryl & Maks
    2. James & Peta
    3. Amy & Derek
    Mreid likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I didn't think Amy would make it this far in the season, even with Derek. And I didn't think James would make it to the finals because he wasn't well-known enough, and I certainly didn't think Candace would be here because her dancing just didn't cut it.

I actually hope Meryl & Maks win, moreso for Maks' sake than for Meryl's. Having spent my DWTS career as a Derek fan, having to listen to the constant cries of "ringer" against him year after year, I have kept silent this year about Meryl because I want Maks to win one, just to finally put an end to that tired old argument.

Ultimately I'm fine with anyone except Candace winning. If she wins, it's only because her fanbase propped her up. For any of the others, one could believably say that they earned the trophy in this less-than-stellar season. And in my mind, Amy has already won, in terms of the great moments she and Derek have brought to each episode. I got misty more than usual this season.
    Coco46 and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Meryl & Maks, of course.
    Ellen and Mreid like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast