+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Who Do You Want To Win DWTS Season 18?

Re: Who Do You Want To Win DWTS Season 18?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am not disabled, nor do I pity Amy , but I sure voted for her
    My point exactly. We choose our favorites for whatever reason, and I dislike labels with a passion.

Meryl and Maks!
    BTW, Ellen and sunshine3331 like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    My point exactly. We choose our favorites for whatever reason, and I dislike labels with a passion.
    Yes, I do as well. I also voted for James and I am not a teeny bopper, I voted for Candace and I am not a Christian. I don't understand why everyone gets painted with that same brush. I enjoyed your post, thank you..
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Meryl & Maks.

I could care less about the placement of the other two, as long as Team MnM comes out on top. If I had to choose, though, I'd put Candace before Amy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BTW likes this.

This morning GMA was doing a report on DWTS and trying to promote Amy as the winner, talking about how magnificent Amy was last night, and giving viewer comments on how Amy was off the charts last night, THEN they had to report their POLL that revealed that fans wanted MERYL and MAKS to WIN by 70%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ABC has their work cut out for them. No matter how much they want Amy to win, the viewers are favoring Meryl.

I expect some snafo tonight. lol If Amy has been chosen to win, ABC will have to pull something out of the hat.
    BTW likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This morning GMA was doing a report on DWTS and trying to promote Amy as the winner, talking about how magnificent Amy was last night, and giving viewer comments on how Amy was off the charts last night, THEN they had to report their POLL that revealed that fans wanted MERYL and MAKS to WIN by 70%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ABC has their work cut out for them. No matter how much they want Amy to win, the viewers are favoring Meryl.

I expect some snafo tonight. lol If Amy has been chosen to win, ABC will have to pull something out of the hat.
    I don't know what that means, if Amy doesn't win tonight, M&M will. Have I missed something Debb?
    -Andy Rooney-

What I mean is that if DWTS wants Amy to win and she doesn't, then DWTS will have to invent something, like a voting error that would invalidate certain votes or create some issue. I don't under estimate their determination on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What I mean is that if DWTS wants Amy to win and she doesn't, then DWTS will have to invent something, like a voting error that would invalidate certain votes or create some issue. I don't under estimate their determination on this.
    Oh, okay. I don't think they will. Its down to the last night tonight, I think most of them look pretty worn/tired.
    I don't think there will any voting errors tonight, jmho of course.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

I honestly think there is no fix in for Amy and no fix in for Meryl. They're the frontrunners, and they've both been treated that way to a certain extent in the past few weeks. People who claim that one or the other is being "pimped" - they both have been.

Amy has gotten to dance last three times this season, Meryl only two. But I do believe that last night, Meryl's dances were both so breathtaking that having to go after her was a misfortune for Amy because it made it so much clearer that the routines Derek created for her didn't measure up.

Both of them have gotten perfect scores this season. I don't think Amy has been scored below a 9 since the first half of the season, Meryl has. Both of them have gotten glowing remarks from the judges. I think Amy deserved a point off more here and there, and a little firmer critique sometimes, but it's not like the judges should have brought the hammer down on her or anything.

The "inspirational" stuff sometimes got tiresome, but Amy is inspirational. I can't blame the judges, or anybody who loves dance, to not be moved on occasion by what she was able to do. When Len said, "You make me want to go do something" (or whatever he said)...good for him. I also don't blame the judges for loving what Maks and Meryl brought this season because it was incredibly special and great.

I guess ultimately, I don't think people are that easily manipulated. I don't think people are going to vote in droves for Amy only because we got an extra shot last night to remind us of the "no legs" thing, nor do I think people are going to vote in droves for Meryl only because Len and Bruno said she deserved 11's. People can think for themselves.
    pikachu and Photobabe like this.

FORT Fogey

Meryl was the Olympic darling just as Shawn was during her season and Kristie during hers. All three are excellent dancers, so it really is no surprise that they are favorites and should come as no surprise to the producers by now either.

Amy has been a huge inspiration, and Derek has done his wonders, but if Meryl wins, she won it fair and square, Olympic darling though she may be. She is also an excellent dancer with a fabulous partner.

What is, is.......
    BTW likes this.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast