+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Who Do You Want To Win DWTS Season 18?

Re: Who Do You Want To Win DWTS Season 18?

Meryl and Maks
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Donald Driver won because he had the most fans, not because of a freestyle. JR Martinez had a stinky freestyle, Nicole Scherzinger had a huge error. The freestyle is over rated. The odds going into finale have yet to be wrong. No one changes their mind, they just solidify why they vote for someone who may or may not deserve it. They don't care about technique or anything to do with dancing.
    BTW Amy Purdy is at the top of the odds. Just another ridiculous season from the get go.
    I thought Donald Driver's freestyle was by far the best in all seasons of DWTS. I didn't even know who he was going into that season, so I hardly think I'd be considered a "fan". I don't follow Football Players at all. I've known very few who they've had on. Emmitt Smith was an exception.

On the other hand, I wasn't a fan of Kellie Pickler's freestyle at all. I thought it was kind of sappy & boring. And that smoke should be an automatic 2 point reduction in each judge's score. I never got all the love for that freestyle.

After Donald Driver's freestyle, I was rooting for him 100%, so a good freestyle can make or break it for them if the contest is close. If there's a runaway favorite, either with the judges or the fans, then it doesn't matter much.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I thought Donald Driver's freestyle was by far the best in all seasons of DWTS. I didn't even know who he was going into that season, so I hardly think I'd be considered a "fan". I don't follow Football Players at all. I've known very few who they've had on. Emmitt Smith was an exception.

On the other hand, I wasn't a fan of Kellie Pickler's freestyle at all. I thought it was kind of sappy & boring. And that smoke should be an automatic 2 point reduction in each judge's score. I never got all the love for that freestyle.

After Donald Driver's freestyle, I was rooting for him 100%, so a good freestyle can make or break it for them if the contest is close. If there's a runaway favorite, either with the judges or the fans, then it doesn't matter much.
    Donald Driver's freestyle was a ripoff of Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy so it wasn't particularly new. Donald Driver was never in the bottom all during the show, even though he never got a perfect score until the last week. So even though some may have gravitated to him after that, his fanbase would have put him at the top anyway. It made no difference. Donald Driver, Emmitt Smith, Hines Ward, all are legends of the game. That popularity trumps all the other competitors because Football is the sport of America, and these men played on legendary teams. Others like Jacoby Jones while interesting are just players, it takes time to become legends.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 05-18-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Meryl
    James
    Amy
    Candace

It's kind of a tie between James and Amy. I like him, but he hasn't wowed me and at times, Amy has.
    MReid likes this.

FORT Fogey

Here's the odds:

Amy Purdy
    4/5
    Meryl Davis
    5/4
    Candace Cameron Bure
    10/1
    James Maslow
    15/1

this means purdy is at 1.80- 1, davis is at 2.80-1
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 05-18-2014 at 02:47 PM.

FORT Newbie

I don't understand odds, but I thought it was kind of dumb on the oddsmakers' parts to bump Meryl down just because she had one week where she didn't score well. It's still all but inevitable that she's going to win, but now placing a bet on her will actually earn some money? Dumb!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

It's hard to decide! I think I want Meryl and Maks to win the most, since Maks has never had a partner get the mirrorball trophy.

However, Amy has been doing great, too, so I won't be disappointed if she and Derek win.

My rank would be:

1) Meryl/Maks, Amy/Derek
    2) James/Peta

I'm not even going to list Candace because I don't think she should win.
    Ellen and MReid like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    It's hard to decide! I think I want Meryl and Maks to win the most, since Maks has never had a partner get the mirrorball trophy.

However, Amy has been doing great, too, so I won't be disappointed if she and Derek win.

My rank would be:

1) Meryl/Maks, Amy/Derek
    2) James/Peta

I'm not even going to list Candace because I don't think she should win.
    Candace wont win, she is happy to be in the F4 I didn't mind her, and will take her any day over hockey boy and Nene ( every dance is a club dance ) Leaks. Charlie didn't seem to have the fan support that Meryl had, and was with a pro that didn't have a fan base, had he been with Cheryl he would have given M&M a run for their money. I think that's why he was with Sharna
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    I don't understand odds, but I thought it was kind of dumb on the oddsmakers' parts to bump Meryl down just because she had one week where she didn't score well. It's still all but inevitable that she's going to win, but now placing a bet on her will actually earn some money? Dumb!
    Oddsmakers are basing this on the overall season, and the numbers who have placed bets so far, not necessarily on one week.

I'm rooting for Candace solely because I would find it hilarious and so "what the hell" worthy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast