+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637
Like Tree848Likes

Thread: 5/12 DWTS 18: Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

KK4
    FORT Fan

Re: 5/12 DWTS 18: Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

I, too, agree with Jaceegirls post.
    I am hesitant to post my feelings, but here I go.
    I have a son who is disabled after a car accident in which he broke his neck. While Amy is an inspiration to many, this is a dancing show. She used special devices to make her feet "bouncier". Carrie Ann said early on, that she would not treat her differently than the other dancers. We all know how that turned out. I do not believe they can judge her fairly against the others.
    It might behoove ABC to have a show specifically targeted for those with disabilities. I, for one, would watch.

There is nice interview with Amy, she has received a lot of letters and cards from 12 year olds and younger that don't have limbs, just like her .She has been a true inspiration to them, and that smile of hers is so genuine. I didn't know she was fearful of crowds, the sport she does is a loner sport. So she had to deal with dancing, which she doesn't do and in front of a large audience which she doesn't do.I am so proud of her
    indy1945, Need40winks and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Candace and Mark
    Quickstep
    Freestyle

Amy and Derek
    Salsa
    Freestyle

James and Peta
    Tango
    Freestyle

Meryl and Maks
    Argentine Tango
    Freestyle

Dances for tonight..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

MnM, Argentine Tango?????

This oughta be GOOD!!!!!!!!

I seem to recall somebody (?) on the show (VAL, maybe? Don't remember.) saying the AT was Maks' favorite dance.

Then, VAL got to dance it with Meryl, and they rocked it (39, IIRC! Len was full of it with his 9, though!).

I wonder what in the WORLD Maks is gonna come up with so HIS and Meryl's AT will earn that extra point over VAL and Meryl's AT??????

Oh, yeah . . .

THIS OUGHTA BE GOOD!!!!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Newbie

Meryl has the toughest job of all the contestants trying to improve upon her switch routine dance because hers was so good the first time. (I'm assuming the judges are going to put a big emphasis on improvement.) Len's only complaint was that the first one was "too stacatto" and Maks is known for smoother and more sensual AT's, so she should be ok in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice View Post
    Meryl has the toughest job of all the contestants trying to improve upon her switch routine dance because hers was so good the first time. (I'm assuming the judges are going to put a big emphasis on improvement.) Len's only complaint was that the first one was "too stacatto" and Maks is known for smoother and more sensual AT's, so she should be ok in that department.
    HOPE so!

'Cause you're RIGHT . . . "A little bit too much staccato, here and there . . ." WAS all that Len had to say against it.

Yet, he marked 'em DOWN a point for that, too, even AFTER saying it was the dance of the night (IIRC).

But then again, that's NORMAL around DWTS!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread