+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637
Like Tree603Likes

Thread: 5/5 DWTS 18: Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/5 DWTS 18: Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    The thing about Charlie is, although he is in his mid-late 20's, he behaves like a naive teenager, all smiles and politeness and not being able to stand still. It's endearing but it's also a major disadvantage, because he radiates almost zero sensuality or sexuality in his dancing. I could speculate that he's either incredibly monogamous (needy) with his girlfriend, or he's saving himself for marriage. He can complete all the moves in the routines, but emotionally there's a "Mrs. Robinson" feel to the dance, as opposed to 2 equal partners. He even giggles too much, like Kyle Massey.

I don't disagree, but I still like him. I never thought it would be a Meryl and Charlie finish, maybe he goes home tonight . I don't think he has ever been required to 'skate sexy,' so it doesn't come naturally to him.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    The thing about Charlie is, although he is in his mid-late 20's, he behaves like a naive teenager, all smiles and politeness and not being able to stand still. It's endearing but it's also a major disadvantage, because he radiates almost zero sensuality or sexuality in his dancing. I could speculate that he's either incredibly monogamous (needy) with his girlfriend, or he's saving himself for marriage. He can complete all the moves in the routines, but emotionally there's a "Mrs. Robinson" feel to the dance, as opposed to 2 equal partners. He even giggles too much, like Kyle Massey.
    Ummmm, yep.

You're right, I think.

So THAT is perhaps why there seems to be light YEARS' difference between him and Meryl, I suppose. And just why SHE can "do sexy" and have it be believable, but he CAN'T.

Far as the "Mrs. Robinson" angle goes . . .

I think you're dead on THERE, too.

But, seems to me that that angle was even MORE pronounced when Sharna danced with The Taxi (i.e., CODY).

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by ness; 05-12-2014 at 06:26 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Ummmm , , , yep.

You're right, I think.

So THAT is perhaps why there seems to be light YEARS' difference between him and Meryl, I suppose. And just why SHE can "do sexy" and have it be believable, but he CAN'T.

Far as the "Mrs. Robinson" angle goes . . .

I think you're dead on THERE, too.

But, seems to me that that angle was even MORE pronounced when Sharna danced with The Taxi (i.e., CODY).

Just sayin'.
    It would be worse if he danced with tarty Peta
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It would be worse if he danced with tarty Peta
    LOLOLOLOL!!!

Ain't THAT the livin' truth?

ROTFLMFAO!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I don't necessarily think Amy SHOULD win, but I think it's quite possible that she will. And I don't think that's a bad thing, but it makes me sad for Maks. He finally got his ringer, and now he's up against Derek and Amy and the "inspiring" vote. (Not a slam on Amy. She is inspiring. I just think that "inspiring" is a lot to go up against.)
    Sigh... It makes me sad for the sport of Ice Dancing. This sport was developed by Ballroom dancers who wanted to translate Ballroom technique to figure skating. And for the Olympics, Davis and White had a rigourous training schedule that included Ballroom lessons. So there is an expertise that the pros haven't taught them. But, when you have a double amputee just actually getting the same or better scores it doesn't make any logical sense. For example, Oscar Pistorius, you know him, the South African double amputee Olympian now noted for killing his girlfriend in an unfortunate circumstance. But South Africa and the world considered him to be the ultimate inspiration, and in the 2012 Olympics he qualified to compete with the able bodied runners. This multiple time gold medalist as a para olympian in the 400 meters lost his heat in the semi-finals, coming in 8th out of 8 runners. That doesn't take away the fact that he was an incredible athlete and an inspiration. It just put his ability in perspective. This show loses all perspective when they want to push an agenda over everything else. Fun show or not, if it's a competition, it should be judged accurately. Otherwise, why bother? Why not just have a dance show and no competition attached to it?

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Those are the dances for this week, not the dances from last week, right?
    Yes, sorry , these are for tonight
    Its so strange you and ness having the same Avatar, I nearly put her name down
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

The thing about Charlie is, although he is in his mid-late 20's, he behaves like a naive teenager, all smiles and politeness and not being able to stand still.
    He's Jimmy McElroy. "Impure! Impure!"

People seem to think Meryl is some virginal teenager too. Kit asked Charlie on Access Hollywood, "Has she had a boyfriend before?" Dude, she's 27. She was in a sorority. I think she's been out on a few dates.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread