+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree392Likes

Thread: 4/21 DWTS 18: Performance/Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/21 DWTS 18: Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    I don't get the varying opinions on Candace. (Not speaking to anyone in particular; just an observation. Includes comments I've read other places, too)
    At first - the VERY first time she mentioned her faith - everybody was just appalled at her talking about it! "Oh, we don't want to hear about that. She shouldn't talk about that all the time" (After just one mention). That went on for a week or two, but then, when she started to loosen up & move a little more or had a sexier costume on, people flipped around on her. "What happened to her being such a good girl?!?" and "Boy, she'll go to hell for dressing like that". Blah, blah, blah...
    There's no way she can win with most of the people!
    (I'm not speaking as a real religious person myself; I just feel badly for her)
    Very well said. Thank you.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Funny thing is that I know, of course, what LMFAO means although, but I'm going to age myself and say that it just reminds me of the LSMFT (Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco" slogan from my childhood days.

Something is jiggling at the back of my brain and telling me that Lucky Strike sponsored Your Hit Parade. I can even recall the four main singers who starred, but most of their names will probably mean nothing to most of you.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

No, I meant it - I wasn't addressing this to anyone in particular. I've just been to a few other boards where they were really tearing her up on BOTH sides of the discussion. I was just throwing it out there, since I don't belong to that board & am not going to register just to get in an argument with people, LOL!
    This is the only board I snark on so no worries here!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Did James say he did Grease sometime in the past? So, he's KIND of a ringer, too. ;-)

I love James but did not really care for that Grease routine. It's been done too much for me.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Did James say he did Grease sometime in the past? So, he's KIND of a ringer, too. ;-)
    Yeah!! if he was dancing with Derek he would now be a HUGE ringer doing Grease in High school
    35 ,not bad..
    Photobabe likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yeah!! if he was dancing with Derek he would now be a HUGE ringer doing Grease in High school
    35 ,not bad..
    If he would be dancing with Derek we would be having a whole different conversation! Man the conservative right would be having a heart attack. I would really enjoy it & I am a conservative!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Filler, filler and more filler..( yawn)
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    If he would be dancing with Derek we would be having a whole different conversation! Man the conservative right would be having a heart attack. I would really enjoy it & I am a conservative!
    It will happen one day, just not on this show
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't get the varying opinions on Candace. (Not speaking to anyone in particular; just an observation. Includes comments I've read other places, too)
    At first - the VERY first time she mentioned her faith - everybody was just appalled at her talking about it! "Oh, we don't want to hear about that. She shouldn't talk about that all the time" (After just one mention). That went on for a week or two, but then, when she started to loosen up & move a little more or had a sexier costume on, people flipped around on her. "What happened to her being such a good girl?!?" and "Boy, she'll go to hell for dressing like that". Blah, blah, blah...
    There's no way she can win with most of the people!
    (I'm not speaking as a real religious person myself; I just feel badly for her)
    It wasn't about her religion. It was about her using her 'morals' as an excuse to shy away from doing the real emotional/character work in her dances. So now she has a "story" for the producers, so that when she decides to finally just loosen up and do the damn dances, it will be a "breakthrough" for her and she'll get inflated scores.

It's not as if she didn't know what she was getting herself into...and as long as someone with no legs is giving her all, I have little patience for anyone else's hangups this season.
    ness, GabbyG and PA Snow Bunny like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread