+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536
Like Tree708Likes

Thread: 4/7 DWTS 18: Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/7 DWTS 18: Performance **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Yep Fanny I agree with you. If Amber had been with one of the other male pros she never would have won.
    But my point was, she was not a ringer. She won everyone over .She overcame some things that she didn't know she had. I just think clunker is a horrible word, but everyone wanted Derek to have one, well he did and she won, The girl he has now( Amy), is dancing on artificial legs, as someone said she wont win, but I am really enjoying what else he brings out of her( like Amber) that make her happy. It is a dance show, but you have to connect with the audience. Elizabeth couldn't connect with them, neither could Zendaya,
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-11-2014 at 11:48 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yep Fanny I agree with you. If Amber had been with one of the other male pros she never would have won.

llja the problem with Mark is of his own doing where the fans are concerned. While I don't have an out & out hatred towards him IMHO he does tend to over dance, over shine & talk over his star. I also hate spats! I did vote for him during Shawn's 1st season. I think his attitude turns people off. Maks can do that too but, hanging her head, Ms Bunny adores him bad boy & all.
    I like Mark, he might be everyone's whipping boy, and he might deserve it. But he seldom has complaints from his partners, and he keeps in touch with most of them. I think he's a good person, that happens to like to dance, I see nothing wrong with that, anymore than I find Tony to be as dull as dishwater. And yet he still has fans
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    There is a part of me that is on Maks' side because I thought Julianne was a total jerk. Then there is another part of me that has a hard time getting too riled up because of the obvious different set of standards being used for this fan favorite than was used for the unpopular Mark. I would have a lot more sympathy for this recent event if I had seen the same kind of outrage when Julianne was a total jerk to Mark.
    She is a total jerk, regardless if it's Mark or Maks. Mark was "family" so it was particularly weird, the Hough-Ballas fans didn't know what to do. She used him and his family to promote her crappy movie. Maks is controversial so it was easy to make sport of him. Julianne goes potty where she eats, she told Helio on Oprah that she'd never touch him with a ten foot pole after they won. Tom had to tell her that it was inappropriate.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 04-11-2014 at 12:14 PM.
    BTW and jucamer like this.

Let's face some facts; if this show were comprised of "stars" who couldn't do a lick if dancing this show would have already be cancelled a very long time ago. I for one loved & voted for Nicole but she did have some very stiff competition her season but yes by week 2 she pulled off an amazing jive. Her 50's inspired paso...amazing but she did have bad misses too in her rumba & quickstep.
    OTOH Cheeta girl was just someone I would vote against no matter how awesome she was. I freely admit I wasn't a Zendya(sp?) fan but that had more to do with TPTB than anything against her. Dang she is like the Kardashians now; she is being promoted everywhere.
    I loved Shawn Johnson, not as much her 1st season, but on all stars but that season it was pretty clear that was set-up for Melissa to win. Don't get me started on Amber, sorry but she didn't dance from the waist down. Yes I understand she was injured but this is a dancing show & yes the stooges gave really hight marks right out of the gate last season.

I like Meryl & Charlie because they are fun to watch...and no picking on diaper boy. I just figured out he is on my team. I mixed him up with James

Let's face other facts, this show tanked when the All Stars Season was on. It was made up of everyone's favourites, supposedly. So that's an argument not to have all good dancers on the show. I don't mind a balance of abilities if they are all treated with dignity and respect. Not some getting tongue baths because the public is unaware of just how much dance training the front runner have in relation to everyone else versus people who never danced and the contrast is glaring.. I just can't think of anything more douchey than NeNe supposedly dancing with someone half her size in some ugly get up. I can just imagine the laughs at her expense. She signed on to dance, not be ridiculous

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But my point was, she was not a ringer. She won everyone over .She overcame some things that she didn't know she had. I just think clunker is a horrible word, but everyone wanted Derek to have one, well he did and she won, The girl he has now( Amy), is dancing on artificial legs, as someone said she wont win, but I am really enjoying what else he brings out of her( like Amber) that make her happy. It is a dance show, but you have to connect with the audience. Elizabeth couldn't connect with them, neither could Zendaya,
    Perhaps we define "clunker" differently, but to me, a "clunker" is someone like Kate Gosselin or Macy Gray or Master P or Bristol Palin. People with a limited sense of rhythm, musicality, and/or performance ability. I never thought of Amber as a clunker, because she's clearly musical, has all kinds of performance ability, and worked on a show where she regularly had to do some choreography that would require her to have a sense of rhythm and the ability to follow choreography/directions, even if in a more limited way. She also had a pre-established fan base, because of Glee's popularity, at least within a certain age group. She appeared to be a person who was a willing worker, which is important too.

A real "clunker" is someone with limited talent/desire and a poor attitude. Plenty of pros on the show have suffered through partners like that. Derek never really has. The closest he's come is, maybe, NeNe, but she's still willing to go out there and sell a dance, and she seems to be easier to work with than anyone might have expected. That's apparent by how much more relaxed and happy Tony is with NeNe than he ever was with Kate, even though NeNe hasn't much better a chance to make it to the finals than Kate did, particularly since the talent pool this season is fairly deep. I suspect if the "switch" had happened Kate's season, the other male pros would have been praying not to get her, even for a single week.
    Florimel and Midol like this.

Well this could go on for awhile and as we all think differently. I would rather not ------------flogdeadhorse.gif
    Arielflies likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Just got through some of the other dances I hadn't gotten around to watching... I loved James and Cheryl's Tango! I thought the chemistry was really good!

I really like James more than I anticipated!
    Florimel, ilja and jucamer like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

+ Reply to Thread