+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The Switch-Up (Week 4) - Who's paired with whom?

The Switch-Up (Week 4) - Who's paired with whom?

New pictures are out (I don't know how to bring them from other boards onto here (might be against rules anyway)) and due to deduction we know that...

Whitney got Drew because the partner in the picture with him is too short to be any of the other pros (we looked up their heights on said other board)

Due to the picture released of 6 people in LA studio we can tell who Meryl's partner isn't (unless photo was posted later and taken before flight to Orlando or partners didn't travel with Meryl/Charlie to tour date (I strongly doubt that they wouldn't bring partners/rehearse)) Meryl is either paired this week with Val or Mark. The other male pros were in LA in the picture.

This is based on sleuthing and speculation, not spoilers
    Last edited by bevorules; 04-02-2014 at 06:40 PM. Reason: forgot to add something important
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Re: DWTS 18 (premieres Mon Mar 17th) - News and Speculation

I haven't seen any pictures yet because I don't know where to look, but I'm just guessing that Val and Maks will switch partners for the week; i.e., Val will get Meryl and Maks will get Danica. Pure guesswork on my part and probably wrong.

I'd love to see James with Cheryl for the week. Also wouldn't mind seeing Mark paired with Nene so I have no reason to watch either of them, but they just might be inclined to just switch Derek and Mark.

In any case, it will be over and done in a week. My thoughts on the determination of the networks to skew towards their younger age demographic are:

1) That demographic was established as the most desirable before the baby boomers, with their numbers, aged out of it.

2) Those who have aged out of the group most wanted are for the most part to savvy to buy into exaggerated and/or less than true sponsor advertising. A celebrity of any sort endorsing a product is never an inducement for me to buy said product. They are simply getting paid to promote them. The only occasional exception might be for an athlete promoting sports equipment (not clothing or perfume) because it might have some value.

3). I'm buying fewer advertised products because of if I'm undesirable as a viewer, the product is undesirable to me, and I probably don't need or want it anyway. If I do, I'll research it myself.
    mom2 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Regular

The Switch-Up... who's paired with who?

From all that I've been able to find (or not find) on the web about the pairings, it looks like we don't find out until This coming Monday, correct? I figured if anyplace would be 'in the know' about DWTS it would be this wonderful site. Any and all info is greatly appreciated!

Dayna

Re: The Switch-Up... who's paired with who?

What we know based on leaked photos/tweets/etc. (sleuthing going on pretty hard on other sites)
    Drew Carey-> Whitney Carson (based on photo of them where Whitney's face is hidden but her body height fits and somebody matched her shoes.)
    Charlie White-> Peta Murgatroyd (based on a tweet where Peta said that she just now got to rehearse after busy day and Meryl/Charlie traveling to Orlando for Stars on Ice Tour performance.)

This gives us a 50/50 on Cody Simpson and James Maslow getting Cheryl Burke and Sharna Burgess.

Amy Purdy-> Mark Ballas (based on a leaked photo of Amy with a hidden guy who sleuths have matched to Mark.)
    Meryl Davis -> Val Chamirkovskiy(based on Val/Mark not being in photo taken in LA of Derek/Maks/Tony while Meryl was traveling/arrived in FL. If Mark is in Amy picture, this leaves Val which seemed to be a popular voting choice)

This leaves us with a 33(ish) percent chance for Candace Cameron-Bure, Danica McKellar, NeNe Leakes to get Tony Dovolani, Derek Hough, Maksim Chamirkovskiy who were all seen together in studio in LA in leaked photos which also include NeNe and Danica.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Re: The Switch-Up... who's paired with who?

P.S. photos and tweets are being leaked with frequency so let's keep our eyes peeled. Some of the Bachelor/Bachelorette fans here on FORT are really good at sleuthing though with Reality Steve, they might be slightly rusty! I like that you created a new thread other than clogging the media thread since it does seem to be changing almost on an hourly or even minutely basis and there is sleuthing involved to match the clues and deduce by elimination making it not right for the media thread.
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I haven't seen any pictures yet because I don't know where to look, but I'm just guessing that Val and Maks will switch partners for the week; i.e., Val will get Meryl and Maks will get Danica. Pure guesswork on my part and probably wrong.

I'd love to see James with Cheryl for the week. Also wouldn't mind seeing Mark paired with Nene so I have no reason to watch either of them, but they just might be inclined to just switch Derek and Mark.

In any case, it will be over and done in a week. My thoughts on the determination of the networks to skew towards their younger age demographic are:

1) That demographic was established as the most desirable before the baby boomers, with their numbers, aged out of it.

2) Those who have aged out of the group most wanted are for the most part to savvy to buy into exaggerated and/or less than true sponsor advertising. A celebrity of any sort endorsing a product is never an inducement for me to buy said product. They are simply getting paid to promote them. The only occasional exception might be for an athlete promoting sports equipment (not clothing or perfume) because it might have some value.

3). I'm buying fewer advertised products because of if I'm undesirable as a viewer, the product is undesirable to me, and I probably don't need or want it anyway. If I do, I'll research it myself.
    There is now updated information which I posted in the new thread but will repeat here since it is in response to the speculation we were already talking about.

A little while ago, Peta tweeted that after a "busy day" she just now got to rehearse. This seams a match for Charlie who was traveling to FL for Stars on Ice and will be skating/rehearsing and performing with Meryl as much or more as he can with Peta to do the dance.

This gives us two of the four men's pairings based on the evidence Drew/Whitney and Charlie/Peta. This gives us a 50/50 on James/Cody getting Cheryl and Sharna. Age and Height seem to be thrown out the window this season so I am not sure we can deduce logically without more info than to say 50/50 on the pairings.

There is now a photo of Amy's upper body with a guy's lower body that sleuths on other sites are matching to Mark. We know that Derek/Tony/Maks were in LA mid-day in the studio which made a 50/50 for Meryl with Mark or Val. With Mark being linked to the Amy photo it looks like these two teams are set of Amy/Mark and Meryl/Val. This leaves 33% chance of NeNe, Danica, and Candace to Maks, Tony, and Derek. We know NeNe can't get Tony by rule which means she is a 50/50 between Maks and Derek. Danica and Candace could have any of the three by rule.

I reserve the right to change my guess but I would guess Cody/Cheryl (wild and crazy age difference to match the Drew/Whitney pairing) and Sharna/James by process of elimination. I also guess that NeNe will get Maks which will give us 50/50 with Danica/Candace with Tony/Derek and I see Danica getting Derek as a more producer/judge pet than Candace who will get Tony by default. Could be wrong and I am on it and will update if I hear any more evidence of tweets/leaked photos.

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules View Post
    New pictures are out (I don't know how to bring them from other boards onto here (might be against rules anyway)) and due to deduction we know that...

Whitney got Drew because the partner in the picture with him is too short to be any of the other pros (we looked up their heights on said other board)

Due to the picture released of 6 people in LA studio we can tell who Meryl's partner isn't (unless photo was posted later and taken before flight to Orlando or partners didn't travel with Meryl/Charlie to tour date (I strongly doubt that they wouldn't bring partners/rehearse)) Meryl is either paired this week with Val or Mark. The other male pros were in LA in the picture.

This is based on sleuthing and speculation, not spoilers
    I always appreciate a good sleuther.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

So the points count with the new partner. That doesn't seem right to me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Rumor is that Derek got NeNe.
    jucamer likes this.

The rest of the rumored pairings.
    Peta/Charlie
    Val/Meryl
    Maks/Danica
    Sharna/Cody
    Cheryl/James