+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Candace Cameron Bure & Mark Ballas - Season 18

Re: Candace Cameron Bure & Mark Ballas - Season 18

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    You are correct ness...I was having a bleach blonde Monday moment. I hated the switch -up
    No prob.

I myself have those ALL THE TIME (Monday to Sunday, as our beloved FoRT regulars can and WILL attest to!)!!

LOL!!

And yep, I HATED THE SWITCH-UP, TOO!!!

LOL!!!

I feel SO bad for Mark.

But . . .

Like pika said:

" . . . with the number of injuries every season on this show, you'd think that would be a clue to the pros and producers that they need to slow down. People are getting too competitive for their own good and getting hurt in the process."

And, like Jaceegirl said:

"I know he doesn't want to let Candace down, but it is so not worth it . . ."

Also, kudos to Cheryl and Derek for being there on the floor with him and for him.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Was that last shot of his shoulder dislocated above where it was supposed to be or was that just his t-shirt?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Was that last shot of his shoulder dislocated above where it was supposed to be or was that just his t-shirt?
    I wondered about that, too, ilja.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I couldn't tell. If it was in a sling Sunday, I don't see how he can dance tonight. Dang that hurts, hubby dislocated his shoulder, not pleasant at all
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I feel so bad for Mark. I'm usually all about the show must go on and injuries are to be expected but in this case, he sure looked like he was in a whole lot of pain.

While looking for more updated information on his condition, I just learned that Candace is 38! Dang girl, you look good for 38.
    Doesn't she though, I posted whatever she was doing, she was doing it right. She is in terrific shape
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    How extremely weird. I dislocated my shoulder badly two years ago today--and then fell on the arm, cracking the humerus at such a weird angle that it required a rod stabilize it. I also ended up having to have the ball of my shoulder replaced.

So, yes, a dislocated shoulder can be very painful and cause all kinds of other problems, depending on the way in which it dislocates. Mine happened to be the worst type of dislocation you can manage.

I remember a skating competition at which multiple national champion Todd Eldredge fell in warm-ups, dislocated his shoulder, popped it back into place, and then went out and skated his competitive program. I still have no idea how he managed that. I couldn't even sit up without waves of nausea after I screwed mine up.
    I did mine late at night when I was walking my dog (on cement, but inside my fenced yard). I had to get myself up and get in the house, then somehow I was able to pop it back in place. It was not half as bad as yours was, but I spent the next six weeks in a sling contraption that anchored it to my side with my arm attached by a loop to my waist. It hurt like the dickens every time I moved it. Of course, I am not an athlete, so maybe Mark's muscles helped with the healing/pain.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I did mine late at night when I was walking my dog (on cement, but inside my fenced yard). I had to get myself up and get in the house, then somehow I was able to pop it back in place. It was not half as bad as yours was, but I spent the next six weeks in a sling contraption that anchored it to my side with my arm attached by a loop to my waist. It hurt like the dickens every time I moved it. Of course, I am not an athlete, so maybe Mark's muscles helped with the healing/pain.
    Yeah, there was no way I could have stood up without throwing up or passing out. It wasn't even so much the pain when I moved--I'd just get really, really dizzy.

I guess athletes are different. As I mentioned, Todd Eldredge went from being in what looked like pretty serious pain to skating--and you could see his shoulder was dislocated from the position it was in initially before he popped it back into place. I will say, even with mine, the pain was hugely diminished the moment they got it back in place (though, by that time, I'd also been pumped full of morphine in the ER).

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Yeah, there was no way I could have stood up without throwing up or passing out. It wasn't even so much the pain when I moved--I'd just get really, really dizzy.

I guess athletes are different. As I mentioned, Todd Eldredge went from being in what looked like pretty serious pain to skating--and you could see his shoulder was dislocated from the position it was in initially before he popped it back into place. I will say, even with mine, the pain was hugely diminished the moment they got it back in place (though, by that time, I'd also been pumped full of morphine in the ER).
    Derek said it popped out, and in. I don't even know what that means, I do know Mark looked the colour of chalk when he was in the ambulance( pictures online)
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I'm guessing that means it was the less godawful way of dislocating your shoulder. They all hurt, but some are easier to correct than others, and if he didn't fracture anything as a result of dislocating his shoulder and then falling, it's less of a problem. It's also easier to dislocate again once you've done it, and unsurprisingly, a lot of dislocations that happen to people under thirty happen when they're involved in a sport. So, if Mark happens to be someone who's dislocated his shoulder before, he was probably more aware of how to handle it and what he could do after his shoulder was popped back into place--and if it happened to be a relatively minor dislocation, they may have done that without anesthesia (they took one look at my x-rays and made it clear they weren't touching me without putting me under--and even then, it took all of five minutes). I wasn't surprised they released him after treating him in the ER either. They did the same with me, though I had to go back to talk to an orthopedic surgeon, who's the one who told me that I did not have a "hairline fracture" as they told me in the ER but multiple major breaks that would require surgery. If they were able to pop his shoulder right back in--or if it somehow popped back in spontaneously, which, I'll admit, doesn't make sense to me--they'd just give him a sling and some pain killers and send him on his way.

I'm also guessing that even if they were able to pop the shoulder back into place in the studio, ABC would still want him checked out at the hospital for insurance purposes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345