+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Drew Carey & Cheryl Burke - Season 18

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Drew Carey & Cheryl Burke - Season 18

Drew Carey is a pleasant surprise. Kind of like Bill Nye last season. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Drew Carey is a pleasant surprise. Kind of like Bill Nye last season. Good luck to him.
    Yes, I agree, and maybe Andy before him.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, I agree, and maybe Andy before him.
    Andy??

You betcha!

I fell in love with him the season he was on!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think Drew will be incredibly funny no matter how he dances, and he'll have a massive fanbase that will keep him around for entertainment value for as long as possible. He and Billy Dee are by far the biggest stars in this cast. I would imagine the audiences for Price Is Right and DWTS overlap a lot, and he also has the hipper, more internet-savvy fans from his sitcom and Whose Line Is It Anyway.

I can't wait to see him and Tom playing off each other. If only we still had two shows a week and everything wasn't so rushed now.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Love Drew and hope he does well. I think Cheryl was so much better last season with Jack Osborne then in a few of her previous seasons. For me she seemed like she had renewed energy and I really liked their pairing. I think Jack really inspired her. I hope we get to see the same between Cheryl and Drew. He certainly will have a lot of fans and this season is going to be a touch one imo.

Best of luck to Cheryl and Drew!!!

FORT Fogey

Drew's been on three popular television shows; he seems to have an easy-going, fun personality, and if I recall correctly, he is reasonably musical. All of that should help him stick around for a while, even if he's not the best dancer out there, particularly if, like some past contestants, he is seen as trying to do the best he truly can and shows improvement over the course of the season. That kind of attitude and progression is one way to bring in votes, particularly since he's likely to have a fan base rooting for him to do well.
    Florimel and ness like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I'm such a dolt. I kept reading Drew/Cheryl in these threads and was wondering why she was partnered with Drew Lachey again? Haha.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I'm such a dolt. I kept reading Drew/Cheryl in these threads and was wondering why she was partnered with Drew Lachey again? Haha.
    I bet someone--probably several someones--on the show will crack some jokes about Cheryl being paired with a second Drew.

Suppose they'll call him Drew2? Or Drew Too?

In that same People article where Val & Maks posed (mostly) naked, Cheryl was also featured because she recently dropped 15 lbs.

Cheryl Burke Drops 15 Lbs. Ė and Poses in a Bikini to Prove It! - Dancing With the Stars, Bodywatch, Hottest Bodies, Cheryl Burke : People.com

There was a mixed reaction to her weight loss -- some people cheered her on, and some complained that she didn't really need to lose the weight and that it was little comfort for others with negative body images. Cheryl answered back on Friday with a post on her Facebook page:

Iíve been reading your comments about the People magazine article. First of all, I want to thank all the people who have said such kind things, I truly appreciate it.

Iíve had a very public struggle with the press and their comments about my weight for a number of years now, but I want to make it clear that this isnít about them. Yes, I have been hurt by their criticism, but Iím only human. This wasnít some drastic change I made overnight. Iím not caving in to the pressures of Hollywood, as some of you have expressed your concern that I might be, and Iím certainly not starving myself.

Iím thriving. Iím putting healthy foods into my body and experiencing the benefits. I have tried so many fad diets, Iíve wasted so much time looking for a solution when it was right in front of me all along Ė take care of yourself, nourish your body, surround yourself with good people Ė you will feel good and will shine in all that you do.

Itís not about chasing a number on the scale, and itís not about Hollywood. We will all face criticism throughout our lives, no matter where we live and what we weigh. So if youíre struggling with that, youíre not alone. Not at all.

My weight fluctuates, just like any other personís does, and there will always be critics. Youíve got to tune out the other people and tune in to whatís going on inside. Love yourself. Nourish your body. Be kind to one another.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Good for Cheryl. I'm just happy she's happy.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast