+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: Meryl Davis & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

Re: Meryl Davis & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I have no idea Florimel and on the site where I saw all this info the question you have asked is what many were asking. I agree I think this is a horrible idea unless they just have it for one week like a Theme Week. I don't see how it could work any other way. Some are speculating that this is creating buzz for the show and will hopefully bring in more viewers.
    I read where even the pros don't like it..did you see that? I suspect its for one week and means very little .The voting would be too confusing imho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I read where even the pros don't like it..did you see that? I suspect its for one week and means very little .The voting would be too confusing imho
    I did see that and I agree it has to be for one week only. The voting, hurt feelings, loss of a building partnership, etc. So many reasons why it wouldn't work.
    combatcutie and Florimel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I'm not complaining in the least - I want Maks to win!!!
    Me too... my M&M's!
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post
    I'm so pleased that she is paired with Maks and not Derek or Mark. Now I can fully support her. Hopefully she does not get the ringer label attached to her too much because that seems to be the kiss of death sometimes.
    But being a "ringer" hasn't hurt either...ahemm...cough...choke ... Nicole, Melissa, Shawn.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    But being a "ringer" hasn't hurt either...ahemm...cough...choke ... Nicole, Melissa, Shawn.
    No, but it was always pointed out, so what's good for the goose etc etc
    -Andy Rooney-

The really scary part is what the hair and make up people will do with her.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Aren't she & her skating partner the ones who had Derek choreograph their Medal winning performance?
    If so, I smell a fix coming on.
    If this is the case, this may just be what it takes to finally turn me off of this show. Or me turn it off once & for all, however you care to look at it.

Shame, I really liked this year's contestant list.
    Just as an FYI, Derek helped them choreograph their short dance to a medley from My Fair Lady. The required rhythms for that this year included Foxtrot and Quickstep (or Finn Step), which is why they went to a ballroom dancer for that. Their free skate was actually choreographed by their long time coach/choreographer Marina Zoueva. Meryl also went to a middle-eastern dancer for help with her character in that dance, just as they both sought out the help of traditional Indian dancers for their Bollywood Original Dance in 2010. It's actually not uncommon for ice dancers to go to dancers of whatever type of dance they're trying to translate to the ice for help in doing that.

Not that any of that makes a difference in terms of the rest of your post, but I keep reading here and elsewhere about Derek choreographing for them, and while he did do that, there seems to be some confusion about what he actually did for them among people who watch skating casually, as opposed to those who follow the sport fairly closely. That's understandable, because the general media does a terrible job of covering skating and always has.

Maks is back.
    Coco46, AZChristian and jucamer like this.

There is a very cute video on another forum of them rehearsing. She is so tiny, but very sweet. She is also a very good dancer, Maks looks happy
    anemone and DancingDad like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    There is a very cute video on another forum of them rehearsing. She is so tiny, but very sweet. She is also a very good dancer, Maks looks happy
    Thanks for the hint. I found the video. It does look like they are getting along well. I love Mak's "I think we can work with that". I never heard him say that before.

Yes she is tiny! I was really surprised the first time I met her in person. She didn't look that small to me when I saw her on the TV performing. What really surprised me is how friendly she is. When I first met her she initiated the conversation and talked to me for 10 min.
    ness, anemone, bevorules and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread