+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: Meryl Davis & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Meryl Davis & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Aren't she & her skating partner the ones who had Derek choreograph their Medal winning performance?
    If so, I smell a fix coming on.
    If this is the case, this may just be what it takes to finally turn me off of this show. Or me turn it off once & for all, however you care to look at it.

Shame, I really liked this year's contestant list.
    Yes they are. BUT with the twist of having the "fans" pick the new partners, it will leave DWTS out of allegations that they paired Derek with her like Tilden stated above
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Well, again, we all like and dislike contestants for our own reasons. I'm eager to see her dance. I really haven't cared for a long time now who wins the silly mirror ball; I just like to watch them.

I just have to wonder why these complaints are showing up in Meryl's thread, but not in Charlie's.
    I'm going to say they are showing up here b/c Derek is the "chosen" one and it would have been recognized if they were immediately paired together, hence the twist
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Well, she is probably best-suited of the ladies to deal with Mak's temperament.

I'm so pleased that she is paired with Maks and not Derek or Mark. Now I can fully support her. Hopefully she does not get the ringer label attached to her too much because that seems to be the kiss of death sometimes.
    Florimel and MountainBreeze like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Sort of like they do with Derek nearly every season.
    AMEN.

Much as I appreciate Derek and his talent and growth, truth is TRUTH.

I'd LOVE to see somebody else besides Derek win, this season. And if that somebody else just HAPPENED to be Maks (WHOEVER his partner might be!), well, my lemonade will NOT be flying towards my TV screen if it IS.

Trust, and BELIEVE.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    Well, she is probably best-suited of the ladies to deal with Mak's temperament.
    Hmm, that's very true
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am so happy that Maks will be back! I haven't watched much since he's been gone.

I love both Meryl and Charlie. Have followed the both of them throughout their ice dancing career. This should prove to be fun to have them competing against each other. Regarding the twist it sounds like no one is really sure how it's going to work. I read that it will only be for one week - much like a Theme Week and then I also heard an interview where America will choose the new pairings. After one week the celeb can stay with the new partner or return to the old one. If that happens all I can say is Yikes!!! Sounds like we won't know for sure how it will work until TPTB tells us exactly how it will work.

Good luck to both Meryl and Maks.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I love both Meryl and Charlie. Have followed the both of them throughout their ice dancing career. This should prove to be fun to have them competing against each other. Regarding the twist it sounds like no one is really sure how it's going to work. I read that it will only be for one week - much like a Theme Week and then I also heard an interview where America will choose the new pairings. After one week the celeb can stay with the new partner or return to the old one. If that happens all I can say is Yikes!!! Sounds like we won't know for sure how it will work until TPTB tells us exactly how it will work.
    Good luck to both Meryl and Maks.
    I don't like this new twist at all. It takes time to blend a working partnership. As for the bolded, how would that work if one celebrity chose to return to the old partner and another wanted to remain with the new partner and that were the same pro?
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I don't like this new twist at all. It takes time to blend a working partnership. As for the bolded, how would that work if one celebrity chose to return to the old partner and another wanted to remain with the new partner and that were the same pro?
    I have no idea Florimel and on the site where I saw all this info the question you have asked is what many were asking. I agree I think this is a horrible idea unless they just have it for one week like a Theme Week. I don't see how it could work any other way. Some are speculating that this is creating buzz for the show and will hopefully bring in more viewers.

+ Reply to Thread