+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: NeNe Leakes & Tony Dovolani - Season 18

Re: NeNe Leakes & Tony Dovolani - Season 18

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't see how keeping Derek happy is the only way DWTS can win an Emmy. The Emmys are chosen by a select portion of the public who are actually involved professionally in the areas in which they vote and may or may not vote the way the viewers of reality shows would, because they see them through different lenses, depending on their areas of expertise. The casts of most reality shows change from season to season, with the exception of the hosts and contestants in all-star seasons. That doesn't stop them from winning Emmys for best reality show. Or best host. Speaking of which, I would really miss Tom if he were to take a season off more than I would miss any of the pros taking a season off, because it would be hard to come up with another host who's that quick-witted when a situation arises that either presents an obvious straight line or requires humor to defuse it.
    Who else has one, other than Derek, I cant recall.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Actually, Tom Bergeron won for best host in 2012. But that doesn't mean that either he or Derek are the show's only hopes for ever winning an Emmy. Emmys are awarded in many categories other than choreography and host, categories in which neither Tom nor Derek would even be eligible so whether the show won in any of those categories wouldn't have a thing to do with their presence or absence. For instance, it also received a nomination for art direction. As far as the best reality show Emmy goes, should DWTS ever win it, that would be the result of the work of everyone associated with the show.
    Florimel likes this.

Derek won the award for three of the routines he choreographed for “Dancing with the Stars: All Stars.” Two of them were a mambo and a quickstep he performed with partner and Olympic gold medalist Shawn Johnson during season 15. The third was the “Walking on Air” for “Macy’s Stars of Dance” routine.

I also have a great regard for Tom
    ETA: as this is Nene's thread, I don't see her getting one
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 04-26-2014 at 06:36 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678