+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: James Maslow & Peta Murgatroyd - Season 18

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: James Maslow & Peta Murgatroyd - Season 18

Absolutely amazing dance last night. Best of the night for me. He really is surprising me with his dancing ability
    ilja likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I love this guy, and I especially love that he is a natural( no ringer here)
    FireWoman likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've never much liked Peta, but I've come to love James. He's become one of the best dancers on the show and he comes off as being a really nice person with a great attitude. I regret not choosing him for my pool, but that was because of Peta.
    KatesMom and ilja like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've never much liked Peta, but I've come to love James. He's become one of the best dancers on the show and he comes off as being a really nice person with a great attitude. I regret not choosing him for my pool, but that was because of Peta.
    Funny Florimel, I was just thinking the same thing (except the reality is I am so overwhelmed I can't remember who's in my pool, so he might be). I think he is a great dancer and has a wonderful personality. My only concern is that I don't know how well known he is. While other stars have overcome that in the past, they have usually been paired with more popular (and yes, this is all relative) pros. I don't know how popular Peta is compared to some of the others. I think that is the primary reason I ultimately didn't choose him - but I would not be disappointed if he made it to the finals. Plus he is adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Funny Florimel, I was just thinking the same thing (except the reality is I am so overwhelmed I can't remember who's in my pool, so he might be). I think he is a great dancer and has a wonderful personality. My only concern is that I don't know how well known he is. While other stars have overcome that in the past, they have usually been paired with more popular (and yes, this is all relative) pros. I don't know how popular Peta is compared to some of the others. I think that is the primary reason I ultimately didn't choose him - but I would not be disappointed if he made it to the finals. Plus he is adorable!
    I really think/hope he's on his way to overcoming all of that, KatesMom. He's developing the dance talents and he is just so likable. I didn't have a clue who he was when the show began, having never seen anything he's been in on tv or film, I look forward now to watching him dance each week. It was the same for me with Gilles when he started; no dance experience, very good looking, didn't know him from Adam, and he had the personality and just got better and better with Cheryl.
    KatesMom likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Newbie

A fun fact about that final lift. . . .

The most challenging part of that routine was that last lift. We had originally started with something that was far simpler and easier. It still looked good, but we wanted to challenge ourselves. Nobody has ever done that lift except for pro dancer Tony Dovolani, but in all 18 seasons no celebrity has ever done it. He came in and showed us that lift and said ‘hey, go ahead, use it, try it. Nobody’s ever done it because it’s so hard.’ We took that as a challenge and said ‘let’s go for it, go big or go home.’ We were able to make it look easy when we got it, but trust me, we don’t get that every single time.
    James Maslow on Getting the First Perfect Score on DWTS: 'I Think Hannah's My Good Luck Charm!'

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tarfan77 View Post
    Wow, he just seems like a really down to earth nice guy. So glad he made Hannah's dreams come true.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I loved what he did to make a young girl with special needs happy, and I absolutely loved that performance. I bet I liked it as much as the kids did!!
    combatcutie and Florimel like this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I agree, James is a delight. He also has that *it* factor . I wish I had chosen him for my pool, and I do hope he continues to just get better each week
    combatcutie, Florimel and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Wow, he just seems like a really down to earth nice guy. So glad he made Hannah's dreams come true.
    That whole thing brought tears to my eyes. Good for him. Hannah looked so happy. Beats prom any day.
    FireWoman likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast