+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

FORT Fogey

Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

Very true. But i think that's a reflection of the type of partner he often gets. He gets the talented overachievers. They come in both good and confident. He knows that, and pushes them because they have the talent to be pushed. Once they know they have the talent, that ups the pressure they put on themselves. When he was paired with Sherri Sheppard, I don't recall her crying much, because she was just happy to be there. It's the high achievers like Zendaya and Danica - but they are also the ones who have expectations on themselves higher than Val does.
    Ellen and Arielflies like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Very true. But i think that's a reflection of the type of partner he often gets. He gets the talented overachievers. They come in both good and confident. He knows that, and pushes them because they have the talent to be pushed. Once they know they have the talent, that ups the pressure they put on themselves. When he was paired with Sherri Sheppard, I don't recall her crying much, because she was just happy to be there. It's the high achievers like Zendaya and Danica - but they are also the ones who have expectations on themselves higher than Val does.
    Others have had overachievers, and they haven't cried. He pushed her too hard, that's why he said sorry.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Others have had overachievers, and they haven't cried. He pushed her too hard, that's why he said sorry.
    They haven't cried that we have seen, the producers of this show appear to have a story line about each pro and star and they edit to fit their agenda.
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    They haven't cried that we have seen, the producers of this show appear to have a story line about each pro and star and they edit to fit their agenda.
    Yes, I know that. I am sure others have cried, but so soon? they didn't make Danica cry for the show
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That is the picture that the edit drew. Val said he choreographed a "ridiculous" number and mentioned it as being suitable "for a pro." He said he wanted them standing in the audience ( or something to that extent). We saw her trying as hard as she could, and then we saw her in the corner crying at which point he apologized.
    Arielflies likes this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    That is the picture that the edit drew. Val said he choreographed a "ridiculous" number and mentioned it as being suitable "for a pro." He said he wanted them standing in the audience ( or something to that extent). We saw her trying as hard as she could, and then we saw her in the corner crying at which point he apologized.
    Well maybe he will ease her into it, before the girl has a meltdown.
    -Andy Rooney-

Thus endeth the debate...before a horse dies.
    GabbyG likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I don't think that just because a star cries that means the partner drove the star to tears. There have been some cases where that happens. But when you look at Danica, there is A LOT about her that indicates that she is a type A perfectionist who puts a lot of pressure on herself. We know that it's been a dream of hers to be on the show, and I think it's reasonable to assume that she didn't want to just be on the show, but to do great on the show. She may have been driven to tears because her expectations on herself are too high - not simply because Val pushed her too hard.
    I completely agree with this, ACookerTV. Many of the ones who cry do so from frustration with their difficulty in learning some steps or from exhaustion.
    Ellen likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I am really taking to Danica. I feel like I got the wrong impression of her from just one recent movie she was in. I think she's adorable and can show expressions quite well. And she can dance.
    Florimel and GabbyG like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Beautiful dance last night. They work very well together.
    ilja and jucamer like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast