+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Glad you were able to rediscover your joy of life through dancing Jacegirl. I hope you are in complete remission and continue to be an active dancer. I can empathize with your situation because I am currently trying to work through my own similar issues through my ice dancing.
    We're with you, TOO, DancingDad!

You and Jaceegirl keep it movin'!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Glad you were able to rediscover your joy of life through dancing Jacegirl. I hope you are in complete remission and continue to be an active dancer. I can empathize with your situation because I am currently trying to work through my own similar issues through my ice dancing.
    I am so sorry that you and Jaceegirl are having these troubles. Please know that your friends on this thread are with you in thoughts and prayers, and we are pulling for you to have strength and healing. Be blessed.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

I believe they also referenced her character on The Wonder Years once on Big Bang Theory. Raj, I think, said something about how he always thought she was smart. I figured it was a little insider joke, given what DM went on to do after The Wonder Years.

Incidentally, The Wonder Years is finally being released on DVD for anyone who liked the series or hasn't seen it. I suspect it may have taken so long to get it released because they used a lot of music from the sixties on the show, and it can be a nightmare to get music rights for an entire series if it's being released on DVD.

I still remember watching the premiere of the series and laughing when Daniel Stern (who narrated the show as Fred Savage's adult alter ego) said, as Fred's character entered the lunch room, "It was then I realized that in middle school, it wasn't so much who you were as who you sat with that really mattered." That show really did nail what it's like to be that age, and miraculously, cast kids who actually looked like they could be in middle school instead of casting older actors and pretending they were younger.
    Florimel, ilja and MountainBreeze like this.

I can't believe how cute and bubbly she is- and a sort of genius too...Amazing!
    Ellen, Florimel and ilja like this.

I really like her, I didn't like the fact she was crying already. I just find her a bit forgettable.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I really like her, I didn't like the fact she was crying already. I just find her a bit forgettable.
    People used to get on Maks about making his partners cry, but Val is every bit as bad - OR worse, and I said that last season with the way he treated the girl that most of the board didn't like but who looked at him like he hung the sun, the moon, and the stars in the sky.

He has had this sweet little girl who everybody likes and admires for 2 weeks, and he has already made her cry.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Jaceegirl sending you {{hugs}}. February marked my 3rd year of beating that eveil monster for the 2nd time.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    People used to get on Maks about making his partners cry, but Val is every bit as bad - OR worse, and I said that last season with the way he treated the girl that most of the board didn't like but who looked at him like he hung the sun, the moon, and the stars in the sky.

He has had this sweet little girl who everybody likes and admires for 2 weeks, and he has already made her cry.
    Well, I don't get why..maybe that's why I cant take to them. I dunno..
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I don't think that just because a star cries that means the partner drove the star to tears. There have been some cases where that happens. But when you look at Danica, there is A LOT about her that indicates that she is a type A perfectionist who puts a lot of pressure on herself. We know that it's been a dream of hers to be on the show, and I think it's reasonable to assume that she didn't want to just be on the show, but to do great on the show. She may have been driven to tears because her expectations on herself are too high - not simply because Val pushed her too hard.
    Ellen and Florimel like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I don't think that just because a star cries that means the partner drove the star to tears. There have been some cases where that happens. But when you look at Danica, there is A LOT about her that indicates that she is a type A perfectionist who puts a lot of pressure on herself. We know that it's been a dream of hers to be on the show, and I think it's reasonable to assume that she didn't want to just be on the show, but to do great on the show. She may have been driven to tears because her expectations on herself are too high - not simply because Val pushed her too hard.
    Maybe, it just seems they cry more when they are with Val
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast