+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 79
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

    Another one I am not familiar with, but she is very attractive and when she came out on GMA she showed some moves. I'm wishing all of them the best of luck and then when I see them dance and their interaction with each other I can decide better how I feel with the ones that I'm not already familiar with.

    Best of luck to Danica and Val.

  2. #12
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,083

    Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

    I guess you're not old enough to have watched The Wonder Years with Fred Savage, Dan Lauria, et alia, but it was quite a popular show in its time. Danica was a good child actress and very much liked by its audience. As one who is definitely old enough to remember, I, too, am wishing her well. It's hard to believe that she's 39. I hope she and Val will do well together.
    jucamer likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  3. #13
    Bigfoot love DWTS! RickiRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    333

    Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

    The show "The Wonder Years" aired on January 31, 1988 after the Super Bowl. It was highly promoted and many people watched the premier even if they didn't follow the series. The premier was very touching for anyone that had a crush during their early teens as Kevin (the main character) and Winnie (Danica McKellar) share their first kiss.

    The show was much like Jean Sheppard's "A Christmas Story" in that much of it was narrated by the main character as he looked back on his life.

    I haven't followed Danica at all since then but I would say that anyone that saw that premier will be rooting for her.
    jucamer likes this.

  4. #14
    FORT Fogey ilja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    3,814

    Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

    I've always thought Danica was adorable. However, any recent stints I've seen of her acting, she came across as extremely stiff and lacking in acting chops. Thus I'm a bit concerned she will not be able to meet the expectations one usually has for an actor being able to express their emotions on the dance floor.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

  5. #15
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I guess you're not old enough to have watched The Wonder Years with Fred Savage, Dan Lauria, et alia, but it was quite a popular show in its time. Danica was a good child actress and very much liked by its audience. As one who is definitely old enough to remember, I, too, am wishing her well. It's hard to believe that she's 39. I hope she and Val will do well together.
    Not sure if you meant me when you said maybe I wasn't old enough Florimel, but if you were believe me I am old enough. I just never caught the show. I think I at least remember the title of the show.

    I noticed that RickiRick said it aired in 1988 (I was going to look it up to see when it aired to remember what I was doing at the time), and when I saw the year I cringed because I always remember that year because I was diagnosed with breast cancer that year for the first time. I worked full time and my treatment lasted a year. Back then my treatment was brutal and by the time I got home from work and did the things I had to do I usually flopped into bed exhausted.

    When my treatment finished I found something that I called my stress buster which was dancing. My husband and I got into country western dancing (two step, waltz, swing both east and west, couples dancing and line dancing). It had become very popular here in the north east and we loved it so much we went dancing 5 or 6 nights a week. Crazy I know, but we loved it. We danced for 16 years so any TV shows that aired during those years I'm sure I wouldn't be familiar with. With all that time spent dancing I watched very little TV. Now it's the opposite and I probably watch way too much.
    GabbyG and jucamer like this.

  6. #16
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,083

    Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Not sure if you meant me when you said maybe I wasn't old enough Florimel, but if you were believe me I am old enough. I just never caught the show. I think I at least remember the title of the show.

    I noticed that RickiRick said it aired in 1988 (I was going to look it up to see when it aired to remember what I was doing at the time), and when I saw the year I cringed because I always remember that year because I was diagnosed with breast cancer that year for the first time. I worked full time and my treatment lasted a year. Back then my treatment was brutal and by the time I got home from work and did the things I had to do I usually flopped into bed exhausted.

    When my treatment finished I found something that I called my stress buster which was dancing. My husband and I got into country western dancing (two step, waltz, swing both east and west, couples dancing and line dancing). It had become very popular here in the north east and we loved it so much we went dancing 5 or 6 nights a week. Crazy I know, but we loved it. We danced for 16 years so any TV shows that aired during those years I'm sure I wouldn't be familiar with. With all that time spent dancing I watched very little TV. Now it's the opposite and I probably watch way too much.
    Yes, I did mean you, Jaceegirl, and I apologize for the assumption I made that everyone who was old enough would remember that show. In any case, your story of recovery is thrilling and thank you for telling it. I'm so happy that dance was able make a difference for you.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

    http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

  7. #17
    FORT Fogey Jaceegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,225

    Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

    Thank you Forimel I appreciate your kind thoughts. In fact I will take any that people want to give since the ugly monster is back again. Maybe I shouldn't have said that, but being on this site and conversing with people has helped just like the dancing did for so many years.

  8. #18
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,803

    Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Thank you Forimel I appreciate your kind thoughts. In fact I will take any that people want to give since the ugly monster is back again. Maybe I shouldn't have said that, but being on this site and conversing with people has helped just like the dancing did for so many years.
    You have a gift of writing, your posts are always so well written
    Hope you feel better today
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #19
    Bloomin' FoRT Fanatic! ness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roseland!
    Posts
    10,107

    Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

    We're with you, Jaceegirl.

    Thanks SO much for opening up and sharing.

    We're always here for you!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

  10. #20
    FORT Fanatic DancingDad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dancing on Ice
    Age
    59
    Posts
    550

    Re: Danica McKellar & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 18

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Not sure if you meant me when you said maybe I wasn't old enough Florimel, but if you were believe me I am old enough. I just never caught the show. I think I at least remember the title of the show.

    I noticed that RickiRick said it aired in 1988 (I was going to look it up to see when it aired to remember what I was doing at the time), and when I saw the year I cringed because I always remember that year because I was diagnosed with breast cancer that year for the first time. I worked full time and my treatment lasted a year. Back then my treatment was brutal and by the time I got home from work and did the things I had to do I usually flopped into bed exhausted.

    When my treatment finished I found something that I called my stress buster which was dancing. My husband and I got into country western dancing (two step, waltz, swing both east and west, couples dancing and line dancing). It had become very popular here in the north east and we loved it so much we went dancing 5 or 6 nights a week. Crazy I know, but we loved it. We danced for 16 years so any TV shows that aired during those years I'm sure I wouldn't be familiar with. With all that time spent dancing I watched very little TV. Now it's the opposite and I probably watch way too much.
    Glad you were able to rediscover your joy of life through dancing Jacegirl. I hope you are in complete remission and continue to be an active dancer. I can empathize with your situation because I am currently trying to work through my own similar issues through my ice dancing.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.