+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Amy Purdy & Derek Hough - Season 18

Amy Purdy & Derek Hough - Season 18

Amy Purdy
    Season 18

Pro: Derek Hough

Amy Purdy had a typical childhood until losing her legs at 19 as a result of Meningitis, which has led to an adulthood of extraordinary accomplishments. Currently training for the 2014 Paralympic Games in Sochi, Russia, she is the top ranked adaptive snowboarder in the U.S. and three-time World Cup Para-snowboard winner. Purdy is the Co-Founder of Adaptive Action Sports, a non-profit organization which helps disabled youth, adults and wounded veterans get involved in action sports. AAS was instrumental in getting adaptive snowboarding added to the 2014 Paralympic Games.

Purdy’s positive outlook has opened many doors to other opportunities including being featured in a Madonna music video, a lead acting role in an award winning independent film and multiple modeling projects. She is an accomplished motivational speaker who has shared her story with audiences around the world. In 2013, Purdy was named by the International Olympic Committee as one of the top 15 most marketable Para-athletes in the world.

Amy Purdy - Dancing With The Stars - ABC.com

Re: Amy Purdy & Derek Hough - Season 18

I cannot wait to see how he choreographs , he is so good.. She is very pretty, I don't know her though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Derek's rabid voters and a partner with a disability? Step aside Meryl, here is the real frontrunner. She looks so familiar too. Wasn't she on the Amazing Race?
    Florimel likes this.

If anybody can get the most and best out of this lady, it would be Derek.

Yep, I'm wanting to see what he's going to come up with for them, choreo-wise, before the switch-up.

And yep, much as I appreciate his talent and all-too-apparent ever-growing maturity on the show, I really wish somebody else'd win, this season, for a change.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    If anybody can get the most and best out of this lady, it would be Derek.

Yep, I'm wanting to see what he's going to come up with for them, choreo-wise, before the switch-up.

And yep, much as I appreciate his talent and all-too-apparent ever-growing maturity on the show, I really wish somebody else'd win, this season, for a change.
    Derek does have great fans, so does Maks. May the best couple win I am ready for someone new to be crowned, he has more than proved his worth
    combatcutie, Florimel and ness like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Derek does have great fans, so does Maks. May the best couple win I am ready for someone new to be crowned, he has more than proved his worth
    Yep.

Derek could sit his butt down PERMANENTLY, right NOW, and after all that he's accomplished in his field at such a young age, he wouldn't ever need to lift a finger or foot to do anything else, ever, in his life.

No, he doesn't have to prove anything to himself, or anyone else, ever again in this life, or any other.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Does anyone remember who partnered Heather Mills? I never could stand her, but she was also an amputee, and the choreography worked pretty well for her.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Does anyone remember who partnered Heather Mills? I never could stand her, but she was also an amputee, and the choreography worked pretty well for her.
    Jonathan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Jonathan Roberts.

Anna Trebunskaya's ex.

I never liked her, either. But, you're right. IIRC, she didn't seem to be totally in the weeds, choreo-wise, when she was on the show.

So, Amy may very well do fine for herself.

ESPECIALLY since she's a snowboarder (from a physicality standpoint), and has Derek for her partner.

Just sayin'.

I couldn't stand Heather Mills, I am hoping Amy has a better attitude
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast