+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Amy Purdy & Derek Hough - Season 18

FORT Newbie

Re: Amy Purdy & Derek Hough - Season 18

I think Amy mentioned that the prosthetics were locked into the toe point position for that particular dance. She was trying them out for a company trying to specifically design them for dancers.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Aha.....that would make sense.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love this girl, I usually spread the wealth. But all my votes went to Amy last night, she excites me
    RBmumsie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Amy is truly an inspiration and I know you have been her biggest supporter FM. If Meryl and Max had not been on this season I would have giving the both of them my support as well. Derek is a brilliant choreographer and has proven that many times over. He has won two Emmys, has done all the fantastic Macy's Stars of Dance this season which I have totally enjoyed and to his credit has won the mirror ball trophy 5 times. He also has his show with his sister. Amy seems like a wonderful girl and has definitely given hope to many who face the same challenges as she has to show them that anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Amy is truly an inspiration and I know you have been her biggest supporter FM. If Meryl and Max had not been on this season I would have giving the both of them my support as well. Derek is a brilliant choreographer and has proven that many times over. He has won two Emmys, has done all the fantastic Macy's Stars of Dance this season which I have totally enjoyed and to his credit has won the mirror ball trophy 5 times. He also has his show with his sister. Amy seems like a wonderful girl and has definitely given hope to many who face the same challenges as she has to show them that anything is possible.
    He wasn't going to do this season, until he heard Amy was on. I think he loves this show, as much as most of us do. Anyway he saw this challenge and he took it. I so admire him Jacee. I don't think he is the golden boy anymore, he is a man, and one that can choreograph just about anything he wants .Dance is his love and his passion, that is why I am a fan. He has won in my book, he truly has.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He wasn't going to do this season, until he heard Amy was on. I think he loves this show, as much as most of us do. Anyway he saw this challenge and he took it. I so admire him Jacee. I don't think he is the golden boy anymore, he is a man, and one that can choreograph just about anything he wants .Dance is his love and his passion, that is why I am a fan. He has won in my book, he truly has.
    He is also a very loyal person to his contestants, sister, friend (Mark), which is admirable. I think the reason he is referred to as a golden "boy" is that he looks younger than his years. I was surprised to learn (even though he has been on the show forever) that he is 29.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    He is also a very loyal person to his contestants, sister, friend (Mark), which is admirable. I think the reason he is referred to as a golden "boy" is that he looks younger than his years. I was surprised to learn (even though he has been on the show forever) that he is 29.
    I always think he looks great, but seeing him a few years ago makes me LOL.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I always think he looks great, but seeing him a few years ago makes me LOL.
    Why is that? Was he not that cute in person?
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Why is that? Was he not that cute in person?
    No, he looks so young, and his moves are not like they are now. This guy has grown leaps and bounds when it comes to choreography. Nobody can touch him. Like Maks said- its hard work, being at the top. Derek seems to thrive on that. But go back a few years and he looks so different. I love him, always will. I loved that he knew M&M were going to win and he told Amy what he was thinking and also talked with M&M.

He might be the golden boy to some, I appreciate the way he showcases his partners and also the way he talks to them .
    indy1945, ilja and Photobabe like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345