+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Charlie White & Sharna Burgess - Season 18

Re: Charlie White & Sharna Burgess - Season 18

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I remember they did, but that was quite a while ago. She and Charlie have been together for a few years now.

I agree with the co-host duty comments. She started out with an insignificant role as eye candy on Skating with Celebrities and quickly overshadowed the host as an on-camera personality The was witty as well as knowledgeable.
    Is she (Was she) part of the other couple who trains in Canton, MI? I know Meryl and Charlie train there (it is about 15 minutes from my house), and I seem to recall there was another Olympic couple who also trained there.

I remember they did, but that was quite a while ago. She and Charlie have been together for a few years now.

I agree with the co-host duty comments. She started out with an insignificant role as eye candy on Skating with Celebrities and quickly overshadowed the host as an on-camera personality The was witty as well as knowledgeable.
    Maybe they can't afford her or at least pay her enough to make it worth her while.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Is she (Was she) part of the other couple who trains in Canton, MI? I know Meryl and Charlie train there (it is about 15 minutes from my house), and I seem to recall there was another Olympic couple who also trained there.
    Tanith and her partner Ben also trained in Canton, MI where Tanith met Charlie. Tanith and Ben were US champions for 5 seasons while Meryl and Charlie were coming up through the ranks. Tanith and Ben are also World and Olympic silver medals.

I think you may be referring to Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, the Canadian couple who also train in Canton and have been Meryl and Charlie's rivals the past several years. They won silver at this year's Olympics and beat Meryl and Charlie for the Gold in the prior Olympics.

Tanith and her partner Ben also trained in Canton, MI where Tanith met Charlie. Tanith and Ben were US champions for 5 seasons while Meryl and Charlie were coming up through the ranks. Tanith and Ben are also World and Olympic silver medals.

I think you may be referring to Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, the Canadian couple who also train in Canton and have been Meryl and Charlie's rivals the past several years. They won silver at this year's Olympics and beat Meryl and Charlie for the Gold in the prior Olympics.
    Yes and no - and thank you so much for clarifying! The news around here with this year's Olympics did focus on the two couples, and it was the Canadian couple I was originally thinking about - because they kept mentioning that the other team won gold last time and that this time was hopefully Charlie's and Meryl's turn. But I do also remember the talk about Tanith and Ben when they were competing. It is an interesting place to have so many Olympians come out of. My friend's daughter (who is 6) takes ice skating classes there. She has met both Charlie and Meryl, and Tessa and Scott as well. With respect to Charlie and Meryl, everyone just loves them - they are as nice in person as they seem.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Don't forget, they also share a coach.. which is also sticky.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I love Charlie.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Sharna will need to be more careful with the choreography and the ballroom rules this season. In the past, when she was partnered with less talented dancers, she was able to do pretty much anything she wanted in terms of choreography for the sake of entertainment. Keyshawn was booted in the first elimination, Andy Dick got away with the nerd trying hard factor. Those days are over now. This year all the judges will be looking for any excuse to criticize and mark down this pair in order to level the playing field.

I think Sharna will need to be more careful with the choreography and the ballroom rules this season. In the past, when she was partnered with less talented dancers, she was able to do pretty much anything she wanted in terms of choreography for the sake of entertainment. Keyshawn was booted in the first elimination, Andy Dick got away with the nerd trying hard factor. Those days are over now. This year all the judges will be looking for any excuse to criticize and mark down this pair in order to level the playing field.
    I really like Sharna, and Charlie is as light as air. I wish them both well
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Charlie White got engaged to his longtime girlfriend Tanith Belbin recently. This was reported in the media yesterday.
    ness likes this.

Charlie White got engaged to his longtime girlfriend Tanith Belbin recently. This was reported in the media yesterday.
    CONGRATULATIONS TO CHARLIE AND TANITH!!!!!!!

I hope they'll be VERY happy, and have lots and LOTS of 'lil ice-dancing tots!!!!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123