+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Billy Dee Williams & Emma Slater - Season 18

FORT Fogey

Re: Billy Dee Williams & Emma Slater - Season 18

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    In my parents generation, Medicare paid all the bills. Now, it pays only a fraction.
    My understanding is that a considerable amount of the Medicade money alloted to pay Seniors in Billy Dee's bracket will be transferred over to pay for those of all ages who do not have insurance. It is the Medicade money that will be providing that insurance.
    Therefore, Billy Dee may well be worried about his expenses,
    In addition, Medicade already has a bad reputation when it comes to paying the doctors on the program as I understand it. They don't pay them on time, and there are other kinds of problems as well; therefore, it is being said that many of the doctors are opting out of the program and are going into something else. Now behind the scenes, there is in the Medicade program an anticipated doctor shortage on the horizon for not only seniors Billy Dee's age but perhaps for all of those folks on the Obama plan who will be on Medicade as well.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

You don't have Medicare by itself anymore. You pay for a supplement or advantage plan to complement Part B depending on whether you want to be in an HMO.

Wrong thread for this discussion, but I don't think money for medical bills was his reason, or, at least, his only reason for attempting to do the show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I watched and I don't think the amount of moving he did could have hurt his back much. Basically he just stood there and Emma danced around him, so if ABC wants to pay boatloads of money for a genuine star to grace their stage, I say take the money and run, Billy Dee.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I watched and I don't think the amount of moving he did could have hurt his back much. Basically he just stood there and Emma danced around him, so if ABC wants to pay boatloads of money for a genuine star to grace their stage, I say take the money and run, Billy Dee.
    If someone wanted to pay me to point my feet and pose to music, I'd do it for as long as they wanted to pay me.
    GabbyG, ilja and overseas like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    If someone wanted to pay me to point my feet and pose to music, I'd do it for as long as they wanted to pay me.
    It seems to me that the producers wanted to cash in on his previous fame and popularity, and for whatever personal reasons he was willing to relinquish his dignity. Since I have not walked in his shoes, and I have not gone through his problems and circumstances, I have to take the position that I just am not in any position at all to judge this man even though I personally am having problems with the dignity part.
    Best wishes, Billy Dee, with whatever it is in life.....
    Ellen likes this.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I would as well, as long as it didn't threaten my health, or further my injuries. I can safely say I don't think BD did any of these things I would have preferred to have remembered him how he was -( in the movie I fell in love with him)
    Ellen and jucamer like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Everywhere I've looked estimates his net worth, at 7.5 mil. I don't think he was dancing for the money, I think ego and to see how relevant he was. Whatever, still love the younger and older BDW, but glad he's finished with DWTS.
    Ellen and SpringMaiden27 like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Say what you will about Billy Dee Williams' dancing, but he is the biggest celebrity the show has ever gotten. He definitely earned the title of star, unlike many past contestants. This show has been on for how many years? It's too bad they waited until he was so old and no longer physically capable of the rigorous training required.

Isn't is well-known that the contestants get $100,000 just for signing on, regardless of where they finish? Nice chunk of change for 5 weeks of work. Why not do it, another item checked on one's bucket list.
    Ellen, Florimel and jucamer like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Say what you will about Billy Dee Williams' dancing, but he is the biggest celebrity the show has ever gotten. He definitely earned the title of star, unlike many past contestants. This show has been on for how many years? It's too bad they waited until he was so old and no longer physically capable of the rigorous training required.

Isn't is well-known that the contestants get $100,000 just for signing on, regardless of where they finish? Nice chunk of change for 5 weeks of work. Why not do it, another item checked on one's bucket list.
    I would be surprised if that were the case for the majority of them since most of them are not anywhere near being real stars.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I typed "Dancing with the Stars pay" into a search engine and came up with a lot of sites with the answer. They all said (the 3 I looked at) that the base salary is $125,000 with the star agreeing to rehearse at least 20 hours per week and a release from all liability due to injury. If they make it to weeks three and four they get an additional $20,000. Weeks five and six an additional $30,000 and so on.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast