+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Billy Dee Williams & Emma Slater - Season 18

Re: Billy Dee Williams & Emma Slater - Season 18

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with an actor going on a show to make money. Heck, I would go on that show if they would pay me money and I'm well past my dancing days.
    Nothing wrong with making money at ALL, ilja.

Actor, or NOT.

And, frankly, honestly, and straight-up, I myself will not EVER tell ANYBODY that there's a dead President out there that I DON'T like, because I'd be straight-up lying if I DID.

BUT . . .

Would I EVER risk taking my old ass out on the ice to try to pull off a Charlie and Meryl in order to pump some life into my bank account?

Not only "No!", but "HELL, NO!"

I believe it could be called common sense?

Whether or not BD did it for the money --- and ESPECIALLY if he did it for the money, IMHO --- anybody who DIDN'T know about his hip and back problems BEFORE his first appearance on DWTS should've kind of maybe realized that something in the milk WASN'T clean with him continuing to appear on this show AFTER that first appearance.

Frankly, were I in his shoes, whether I needed or wanted the money or not, I DON'T think I'd've tried to put myself through the physicality of this show. Even though, according to Emma, they realized what was up and dialed it WAAAAYYYY down from the get-go.

And frankly, I think that if Cloris LEACHMAN, at 80-some-odd years old, could come on, move better and last longer without a doctor having to step in and pull the plug on her appearance because of a messed-up back, questionable hips, pain, etc., then for BD to've only been able to hold out for TWO shows, says a LOT.

And no, if I were in his shoes, it's just MHO that I WOULDN'T be telling people I "made a lot of money" doing this, because, again, I don't think that's anybody's business. And, secondly, I'd be thinking they'd be wondering exactly HOW crazy I am, to've put myself at a serious risk of possibly permanent injury for money.

And, bluntly, I'd be ashamed for ANYBODY to know or even SPECULATE that I needed or wanted money that badly.

But then again, that's just one person's take on it.

That's all.
    Last edited by ness; 04-02-2014 at 08:44 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I wouldn't even try to speculate as to what his medical expenses have been, so I have no idea if he needed or just wanted the money. Nor do I care. I have heard he's got a role in the upcoming Star Wars and I'm sure he's making nice money for that. He's got another movie in post production as well as voicing Lando in an animated upcoming Star Wars tv siere. He also had a role in Amazon's streaming original show, The Rebels, but I don't think that one was picked up for a full season. In any case, he's still getting work.

I read that he says he underestimated what it would take to dance on this show. He's far from the only one who didn't realize in advance how hard it is or how much of a toll it would take on the body.

He wanted to do it, he did it, and his body didn't hold up. I was happy to see him for as long as he lasted.
    GabbyG, SpringMaiden27 and jucamer like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

And all is well, Flo.

PLENTY of people were happy to see him for as long as he lasted. Had that not been the case, then I don't think he would've been voted in by his fanbase for a second go-round when he DEFINITELY barely survived the first severely dialed-down go-round, I think.

Both his appearances were painful and heartbreaking to watch, frankly.

Also, I've lost TRACK of the number of celebs who've been on this show --- who were/are in MUCH better physical shape than BD oh-so-obviously is --- that've said on numerous occasions that they COMPLETELY underestimated the physical toll it'd take on them to actually DO this show. The numerous bruises they had to cover up with makeup. The sprained/taped ankles. The broken toes. The kept-quiet broken ribs. The accidentally getting poked in the eye during rehearsal and having to appear with an eyepatch. The NECK/BACK/KNEE injuries.

And the list goes on and on.

As for his medical expenses?

Been there, done that. Being chronically unwell can be hideously, insanely expensive.

And I'm glad to hear that he's got, and still IS, apparently, GETTING work.

Work that DOESN'T take this much of a gamble with his physical limitations, ESPECIALLY.

Me?

I still am of the opinion that it shouldn't've taken an MD degree to've figured out that with his physical problems AND age, his appearing on this show in the FIRST place was perhaps a not-so-good idea, in the first place.

And yep, I'm glad whoever his doctor is FINALLY stepped in and pulled the plug on him continuing.

JMHO.

And all is well.
    jucamer likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

If he has had chronic back pain( I forget how long for) he should never have done it. If he was going to bow out, I am sure Karina/Sean would be still in it. I don't know how I feel. I don't care about the money, and I do think BDW is as close to a star as this show has come for sometime.It is what it is I guess
    BTW likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He is of an age to have Medicare so I doubt medical expenses for doctor visits and therapies were the reason to do this. I would say they asked and his ego wrote a check his body couldn't cash.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He is of an age to have Medicare so I doubt medical expenses for doctor visits and therapies were the reason to do this. I would say they asked and his ego wrote a check his body couldn't cash.
    If you didn't come up with that one yourself, you should have! That was clever, and I am still chuckling!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Not original, but it seemed to fit from what I could see.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Medicare does not stop you from having a crazy amount of medical bills when you get sick.
    Ellen and Florimel like this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

But, it helps pay them.

In my parents generation, Medicare paid all the bills. Now, it pays only a fraction.
    Ellen likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast