+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Dancing With the Stars 18 Pool

What I think we should do is have everyone decide when they register for the pool if they want to stick with their stars after the twist or stick with their pros.

I'd rather not wait until the twist happens to allow people to decide because: 1) Some people sign up for the pool and then never check this thread again until the finale so they wouldn't get to choose who they were going with, 2) it will make it easier for me to update the scoresheet if I know ahead of time who pool members are going with so I don't' have to wait for them to let me know what they want to do.

It's just been my experience that "set it and forget it" pools work better for everyone involved. You make all your decisions for the pool at the beginning and then you don't have to keep checking back and making changes before any further deadlines. Somebody always ends up missing a deadline (because they had to travel and didn't have access to a computer, their computer broke down, they got busy, had a family emergency, forgot about the pool, etc.) and then they get mad that they didn't get the opportunity to make changes like everyone else in the pool did.

Thanks Fanny...I would miss a billboard if it were right in front of me!

Team Name:
    Deadly Red Stilletos:

Star Couple:
    Meryl & Maks

Couples:
    1. Charlie & Sharna
    2. Sean & Karina
    3. Cody & Witney

Reserve Couple:
    Amy & Derek

I really dn't like my reserve couple but because of that twist & because Derek has a huge following, he is going to end up with the ringer!

Locked & Loaded!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    What I think we should do is have everyone decide when they register for the pool if they want to stick with their stars after the twist or stick with their pros.

I'd rather not wait until the twist happens to allow people to decide because: 1) Some people sign up for the pool and then never check this thread again until the finale so they wouldn't get to choose who they were going with, 2) it will make it easier for me to update the scoresheet if I know ahead of time who pool members are going with so I don't' have to wait for them to let me know what they want to do.

It's just been my experience that "set it and forget it" pools work better for everyone involved. You make all your decisions for the pool at the beginning and then you don't have to keep checking back and making changes before any further deadlines. Somebody always ends up missing a deadline (because they had to travel and didn't have access to a computer, their computer broke down, they got busy, had a family emergency, forgot about the pool, etc.) and then they get mad that they didn't get the opportunity to make changes like everyone else in the pool did.
    I'm of two minds about this, pikachu, for a couple of reasons.

First, if the twist is for only one episode, then I think we should all stay with our original picks.

Secondly, if it turns out to be for the rest of the show, then there's the potential problem of your celebrity getting moved to a pro you don't like or one you don't like getting moved to a favorite pro.

I base my original picks both on the pro and as much as I can tell about the celebrity so I foresee a dilemma in the making. On the other hand, it's your pool, your rules, and I'll back you whatever you decide.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Team Name: Derek & Friends
    Superstar Couple: Amy / Derek
    Star Couple 1: Sean/Karina
    Star Couple 2: Cody/Witney
    Star Couple 3: James/Peta
    Reserve Couple: Drew/Cheryl

Are you saying that when we submit our team we should note whether we want to stick with Stars or Pros, or are you saying that is a decision we should all make together before we start?

My vote is to go with your original plan--the Star is the lead, the Pro is not relevant to the pool.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

RickiRick: I'm not sure yet how we're going to do it.

There's still a little time until the show starts so if anyone wants to get their opinion in, do it now!

So the choice is stick with your stars when the switch happens or stick with your dance pros.

I'm still inclined to have pool teams stick to the stars chosen at the beginning of the pool instead of the dance pros but I'll consider other arguments.

I'm afraid this twist is going to be a train wreck. I'd rather see them pull names out of a hat than let the viewers vote. Some will take it seriously, but many will think they're having fun by voting to put couples together who physically wont work or who will never get along or even just to match their favorites pro with whomever they think will win.

What I think I read today is that they plan to have these switches go on throughout the season and all of them will have to swap out at one point or another. If that is what they format turns out to be, we'll have to pick either our pros or our celebrities to stay with. Since my choice has always been to base my team on both pro and celeb together, this is just sad.

I hope I'm wrong.
    Midol likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'M not feelin' this twist, either.

We'll see how it goes, in the long run.

Hope I'm wrong, I DO . . .

BUT . . .

Again, I AIN'T feelin' this, and TPTB might very well've shot themselves in the foot, with THIS one.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I thought it was a one week thing .Why do TPTB have to meddle ( sigh)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought it was a one week thing .Why do TPTB have to meddle ( sigh)
    I HOPE it IS a one week thing, since it's apparently a signed, sealed and delivered deal.

But, IMHO, that STILL is ONE WEEK TOO MANY.

And, seems to me like they've decided to meddle big-time THIS go-round because ratings are, apparently, down.
    Last edited by ness; 03-06-2014 at 11:42 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread