+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: DWTS 18 (premieres Mon Mar 17th) - News and Speculation

FORT Fogey

Re: Dancing With The Stars 18 (premieres Mar 18th) - News and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    As a side note, did you all know that Derek did the choreography for the gold medal winning ice dancers in the Olympics?

A whole new career opens up for him....like he was lacking in his current one. LOL

To be completely fair, Davis and White went to him for help with their short program, because the required pattern this year was the foxtrot, which is a ballroom dance, and he said he learned as much from them as they did from him. Their free skate was choreographed by their long time coach/choreographer Marina Zoueva.

It's become more common for ice dancers and skaters to go to dance choreographers (not that it was unknown before recently either), depending on what rhythms are chosen for that year's short program and/or what choices are made by the skaters individually. Davis and White, for instance, went to a traditional Indian dancer for help with their Bollywood short program in 2010, and Davis also sought help from traditional Middle Eastern dancers to fine tune her free skate character this year. The only official coach Patrick Chan had last year was a dancer/choreographer, though, personally, I think that's maybe not the best way to go, because skaters still need someone who can evaluate their jumping technique, which is different on the ice than on the floor, and frankly, it helps to have someone the rest of the skating community knows and respects in your corner (I'm not suggesting anyone didn't respect Chan's coach or him--just that she had no history coaching skaters and thus was more of an unknown in that world).

Jeremy Abbott also consulted with a tango expert a couple of years ago for his short program, and I believe Corky has worked with skaters as well.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well I'll be disappointed if the band is gone. It's bad enough we have to listen to top 40 music to begin with (which I hate with a passion) but at least when the live orchestra was playing the music it gave some pizazz to the songs.

And I'm sad to see Brooke go. I actually enjoyed her as a co-host. Of course Tom is the heart and soul of the hosting on this show, but he and Brooke made a great team. As for Erin Andrews, what a disappointment that she'll be hosting. Frankly, I've never gotten what all the fuss is about with her.
    SpringMaiden27 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Well I'll be disappointed if the band is gone. It's bad enough we have to listen to top 40 music to begin with (which I hate with a passion) but at least when the live orchestra was playing the music it gave some pizazz to the songs.

And I'm sad to see Brooke go. I actually enjoyed her as a co-host. Of course Tom is the heart and soul of the hosting on this show, but he and Brooke made a great team. As for Erin Andrews, what a disappointment that she'll be hosting. Frankly, I've never gotten what all the fuss is about with her.
    Brooke was better last season than she has ever been( well we saw less of her) so its very strange timing to see her go .I don't care that much for Erin, but as one poster said, who listens to them, we all know its about Tom
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'm wondering how many more seasons it will be before ABC decides they want to kill the show off for good, but since it still gets really good ratings (just not in the precious preferred demo), they move it to Friday or Saturday and let the ratings plummet so they have an excuse to cancel it. Not that they couldn't cancel it if they felt like it, but it would seem weird to do that to a show getting twice as many ratings as some of their other scripted shows.

I gave up watching a few seasons ago and to be honest, don't feel like I've missed it. It's just a very different show than it was back a few seasons ago. That said, I think canning Brooke is the best decision they've made, and getting rid of the band is sort of an okay decision. I loved the actual band, but those singers needed to go from the first season. They really dragged down both the band and the performances. ABC and TPTB need to get over trying to make the show hip and younger to attract the viewers they want. If it hasn't happened by now, it won't. Especially up against The Voice.

The three things that I think they should get rid of are of course the Three Stooges (aka Carrie Ann, Len, and Bruno). But they will probably be there until the bitter end, and TPTB probably couldn't find a better trio at this point to play off their script.
    We miss you Kara
    NFL1 likes this.

Two other rumored names are NeNe Leakes and Candace Cameron Bure. Thumbs up for DJ Tanner but thumbs down for NeNe.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Nene? Bring it on!! I'll take a contestant with a lively personality any day. I hope its true and she's on this season.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    AcookerTV and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I remember waiting with excitement to see who would be on, now I really don't care
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I would love to see NeNe! She's the only RH who has proven her worth as an entertainer beyond the reality show. She is a good actress, and really funny.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I liked NeNe on the Apprentice, even though she quit late in the game.

You mean yet another Disney ringer...sigh! Diana Nyland was invited to be on the show by Val while on Katie!. That was on January so things might have changed. With nene, it all depends on it Nene or Nehneh shows up
    jucamer likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread