+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: DWTS 18 (premieres Mon Mar 17th) - News and Speculation

FORT Fogey

Re: Dancing With The Stars 18 (premieres Mar 18th) - News and Speculation

I think the writing was on the wall of Brooke going last season. When they went to one night and had to get rid of the waiting room there was no longer a reason to have Brooke. It was too awkward to have dancers talk to Tom, then walk 10 feet and talk to Brooke. With the dancers sitting at the floor they only need one host. Perhaps that's why they got rid of the band too. Without it, they can reconfigure where the dancers sit and allow more room for the studio audience.

I just read that, too. My opinion is that she doesn't need to be replaced. It's been pointless since long before Brooke Burke had it. Let Tom handle any after-dance questions if any are needed, which they usually are not.

Now, if they'd only get rid of Carrie Anne.
    AZChristian and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I wouldn't mind if the show was moved to Saturday -- it might even be better for it. The overall numbers would be lower, but a lot highter than anything else they would put on (besides sports). And networks don't expect young people to watch TV on weekends, other than wrestling and SNL. Mondays are always a hectic night for me so I'm usually watching the show with divided attentions.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

ERIN ANDREWS!

Report: Erin Andrews tabbed as new co-host for 'Dancing With the Stars' - Sporting News

I was watching Katie last month. Diana Nyland is going to be a contestant & I "think" is going to be paired with Val. He was the one who came out to invite her & she mentioned she always wanted to dance on DWTS & Val was her dream partner.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I just read that Jennifer Grey may be a replacement..maybe that's a joke
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'd be fine with just Tom as a host. I didn't care much for Erin when she was on the show and I really don't think Tom needs a sidekick at this point.
    Coco46 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Going back to the very first season (and I can't even remember who the co-host was then but that was the only season she was on, and then Samantha joined), I thought that this could be a one-host gig. All these seasons later and I still think Tom could easily handle the show and questioning on his own.

I loved Erin when she was on the show, but can't say I'm overly crazy about her reporting. I guess I'm not surprised that the show would be considering her. Wonder how many times they'll bring up the Richard Sherman post game interview she attempted to get? I know it's a crazy concept, but I'd love to see TPTB get one of the former pros who no longer competes on the show to be a co-host. I've always wanted to see that happen, if they insisted on a co-host. I guess the producers would never go for that, since the pro would know what they were talking about, on top of not asking incompetent questions and being able to be fun and witty on top of it.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'd be fine with just Tom as a host. I didn't care much for Erin when she was on the show and I really don't think Tom needs a sidekick at this point.
    Erin,meh..Tom could do it alone. The show is going down
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Erin might do a good job, but it's hard to tell from the season she was a contestant. She was dealing with lawsuits over harrassment, plus her partnership was Maks seemed a little too intense at times. I don't remember thinking she was having a lot of fun back then.

But if they are keeping the co-host job, then they need to rebuild the Star Tank and get the stars off the floor, so that the co-host will have something to do again. And this time, build it a little closer to floor level -- the last thing all the dancers probably wanted to do was to make that long climb up those stairs right after having killed themselves on the dance floor.
    karalott and shyra like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Well, I saw that it's official.
    Still think Tom could do it on his own.
    Does ABC own ESPN?
    If so, perhaps that is why they are bringing Erin onboard.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread