+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: DWTS 18 (premieres Mon Mar 17th) - News and Speculation

Re: DWTS 18 (premieres Mon Mar 17th) - News and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Just realized I made a mistake and too late to change. The last sentence should read Why couldn't they leave the politics out of it. Sorry about that.
    I knew what you meant and I agree
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Hope I am putting this in the right place, but I just read and also saw on the latest After Buzz episode that all the Twitter votes that anyone did for the Switch Week coming up was for nothing. It will boil down to TPTB to make that decision. People on another site I belong to are livid since many of them have spent a tremendous amount of time voting on Twitter. I never voted so I am happy about that. What a waste of time. The girl who is the lead host on After Buzz said to be prepared for surprises. That was all she was allowed to say.

I also read that Billy Dee was told to leave and that he didn't leave because his doctor's told him to. I'm not saying he was fit as a fiddle by any means, but why ask someone to do a show and then do that to the man? I'm not sure I am allowed to put a link because I believe it's against the rules, but I'm sure if you google you can read all about it. People are livid with Conrad Green. Another thing mentioned was Sean Avery and the double elimination that we started out with. Originally, the double elimination was to happen in later weeks. My understanding was that because Sean told Conrad he wasn't happy with his first package for several reasons and not just the bad boy image part they changed the timing of the double elimination which in turn messed it up timing wise for the Switch Week. That was when TPTB decided Billy had to go.

It's too bad because I am enjoying the show and just want to see people dance. Why couldn't they leave the politics stay out of it?
    Why? because this is reality tv, and reality tv producers are notorious for manipulating reality so that it fits the "picture" that they want to present.
    Their justification is that this is entertainment tv, and they have a show to produce that entertains.
    Somewhere in all the small print on our TVs before or after the show is the legalese that grants them the right to manipulate certain things in order to produce the show - they have it covered - regardless of whether it is morally nice or maybe whether it almost skirts at times on ethical conduct.
    Hence, they hire someone who physically can not dance, and then when people keep voting for him, they bounce him anyway by telling him he is off when that isn't even the way the show works, or they decide they want Sean to look really worse than he is, so they find a really bad clip of him and some lady that is old news and healed between them long ago, drag it out knowing what it is going to do, and detonate that bomb.
    When he complains, they decide to advance the double eliminating and bounce him earlier than planned because he gripes because they are making him worse than he already is!
    In other words, he is not going to go along with the contract he signed and just play nicely - he won't quietly let them edit him badly!! He is going to be a consist thorn in their side, so they decide he just isn't worth it....out the door he goes! He wasn't that great a dancer anyway, or so the reasoning goes...

This, sweet lady, is reality tv and many of the producers who are in charge of the shows. Conrad Greene has been relatively mild comparative speaking, but I am not forgetting that he is a producer, and this is reality tv!
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Why? because this is reality tv, and reality tv producers are notorious for manipulating reality so that it fits the "picture" that they want to present.
    Their justification is that this is entertainment tv, and they have a show to produce that entertains.
    Somewhere in all the small print on our TVs before or after the show is the legalese that grants them the right to manipulate certain things in order to produce the show - they have it covered - regardless of whether it is morally nice or maybe whether it almost skirts at times on ethical conduct.
    Hence, they hire someone who physically can not dance, and then when people keep voting for him, they bounce him anyway by telling him he is off when that isn't even the way the show works, or they decide they want Sean to look really worse than he is, so they find a really bad clip of him and some lady that is old news and healed between them long ago, drag it out knowing what it is going to do, and detonate that bomb.
    When he complains, they decide to advance the double eliminating and bounce him earlier than planned because he gripes because they are making him worse than he already is!
    In other words, he is not going to go along with the contract he signed and just play nicely - he won't quietly let them edit him badly!! He is going to be a consist thorn in their side, so they decide he just isn't worth it....out the door he goes! He wasn't that great a dancer anyway, or so the reasoning goes...

This, sweet lady, is reality tv and many of the producers who are in charge of the shows. Conrad Greene has been relatively mild comparative speaking, but I am not forgetting that he is a producer, and this is reality tv!
    I don't disagree with what you have said and I know it's reality TV. Thank goodness I didn't do one tweet and waste any of my time. All I was doing was providing some information that I read and added it to the news/speculation section thread. Apparently what I read on the other site sounds like the same site that bevorules is looking at because I have seen the same pictures she is talking about and people are sleuthing to try and figure out who will be dancing with who. People did waste an incredible amount of time tweeting their picks and were livid that they had done so in good faith based on what the show told them to do. I know the average viewer may not even notice the difference because they don't belong to any sites and merely watch the show. I also know that the show will say whatever they want or may say nothing at all. It is their show after all - but I do feel bad for all the people who did waste their time voting. Thank goodness it's only for one week and will be done with. I personally don't care who ends up with who because when Monday comes we will end up seeing who they decided to pair together.

When I said I wished they would leave the politics out of it had more to do with not caring about all the gimmicks they come up with to make the show supposedly more entertaining to people. I don't care who is Prom Queen or Prom King and other ideas that they have come up with. Like Switch Week - I don't care about it at all and personally don't see why it makes the show more entertaining to watch. In reality this could turn out to have a different outcome as far as scores since they are counting last weeks scores with their old partner and this coming week will count the scores with their new partner. It may hurt some and help others or do nothing at all. I just believe if they just let them dance and forgot about all the gimmicks the show would still be just as entertaining. I know for me it would be. I guess I look at things and say what was the added value of something and for the life of me I can't see any added value to switching partners. I watched this show starting in season 1 because I love dancing and was under the impression that the best dancer would win. As seasons went on I realized that was not always the case and it was more of a popularity contest. Sometimes the dancing and the popularity went hand in hand, but not always. Once I realized that I just watch the show for dancing and nothing more and nothing less. jmho
    Florimel and ifican like this.

Hmm...if DWTS comes back, it will be with new producers:

'Dancing With The Stars' Showrunner Conrad Green Exits To Join Fox's 'Utopia' As EP - Deadline.com

My initial knee-jerk reaction is, this could be a good thing. But we'll see.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Breaking news: Donny Osmond will be the guest judge next week for "Disney Night".
    ilja likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Breaking news: Donny Osmond will be the guest judge next week for "Disney Night".
    I like him I thought they said Ricky Martin was on though
    -Andy Rooney-

Spoilers: Dances have been leaked for Monday's "Disney Night":

James & Peta - Contemporary - "Let it Go" from Frozen
    Cody & Whitney - Samba - "Hakuna Matata" from Lion King
    Candace & Mark - Samba - "Under the Sea" from little Mermaid
    Meryl & Maks - Samba - "I Wanna Be Like You" from Jungle Book
    Charlie & Sharna - Jazz - "Supercalifragilisticexpialido cious" from Mary Poppins
    NeNe & Tony - Foxtrot - "Cruella de Ville" from 101 Dalmations
    Drew & Cheryl - Quickstep - "Friend Like Me" from Aladdin
    Danica & Val - Quickstep - "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast
    Amy & Derek - Waltz - "So this is Love" from Cinderella

I was just coming to post the same thing. Some nice music there, lets hope they don't screw it up
    combatcutie and DancingDad like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Charlie & Sharna - Jazz - "Supercalifragilisticexpialido cious" from Mary Poppins

The "Samba" Be Like You and Hakuna Matata is going to be difficult to dance Samba to. They're rhythmic but the timing is isn't. Be Like You is a Quickstep, and Hakuna Matata is Foxtrot tempo.

There is footage with M and M and Charlie and Sharna ( rehearsing), I don't know if you have seen it yet
    DancingDad likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread