+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: DWTS 18 (premieres Mon Mar 17th) - News and Speculation

Re: Dancing With The Stars 18 (premieres Mar 18th) - News and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Hi EC :...respecfully disagreeing, but this is when it is going to be great to watch because these two teams ought to do some beautiful, fascinating stuff. Will either one of them win? Sometimes the ringers do, and sometimes they don't - it is not automatic. Now if Meryl started out with Derek, I would be yelling, "Unfair!" with everyone because she would have a half-mile headstart right out of the gate on everyone else; however, Maks is nowhere near the overwhelming audience favorite that Derek is although he does have a rather loyal group of fans.

Here is the other reason that you and Dancing Dad need to be sure and hang around - you two are in your element as far as being knowlegeable. As for myself? I have found that it is much safer not to get overly infested in who wins and just go along for the ride. That way I am not too disappointed in the results....and I don't become the target.
    Either Charlie or Meryl should win. And it's not because of their pro partners. It's because the people who watch this show are also big skating fans, and these guys just won. Moreover, they have ballroom training, lots of it at an elite level. Olympians win. However, having two gold medalists, they might just split the vote.

Now, Winnie Cooper/Danica McKellar might give them a run because she too has ballroom dance experience, but I don't see a gold medal around her neck. I personally think she's an awesome girl, loves math and ballroom dancing and makes no apologies for it. A pretty nerd who can move. I'd love to see her win, but if Derek's partner has rhythm look for a win for the disabled underdog. It will never be Val the show loves to make a villian of him or or Maks.

You can't ask me to not get invested. I am a dancer, my teacher just passed away this year and I'm nostalgic. It's like asking a retired football player not to get invested in the super bowl. However, I'm not going to get involved this season. It's too frustrating and the way the show is going I doubt it will last forever.

Re: DWTS 18 (premieres Mon Mar 17th) - News and Speculation

EC, sorry about your teacher. I don't think anyone wants you to go away & not participate. I guess as a dancer yourself you become invested in your favorite & that's cool. We all have our favorites & ones that well we don't like. With each & every one of us it is different. Please understand just because I don't agree with your personal favorite & you may not agree with my personal favorite doesn't mean either of us are right or wrong.
    I am on Team M&M!
    combatcutie likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I just saw an ad on TV that says the viewers will have the ability to vote on a "Switch" so the contestants might not necessarily end up with the professional they started with. Is this new?

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I just saw an ad on TV that says the viewers will have the ability to vote on a "Switch" so the contestants might not necessarily end up with the professional they started with. Is this new?
    Yes they are trying something new. Along with a new host to replace Brooke, and recorded music the band has gone
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I stopped watching DWTS when either Kelly Osbourne or Kate Gosselin was on. (which ever came first) However after watching a piece with Cameron Mathison on ABC I'm intrigued with this season's contestants. Particularly the young double amputee Olympian. Still, with Neigh Neigh on the show there's no way I'm tuning in tonight.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Below is the latest I've read about the proposed partner switch. They are still not saying when it will take place nor for how long. My guess is they haven't definitely decided. I still think it's a disaster waiting to happen. This link gives some meager information on that and on the other changes that are happening.
    Dancing with the Stars: 9 Changes to Expect from Season 18 - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

1. Switcheroos!: At some point this season, the stars and pros will switch partners for at least one week, and the new pairings will be determined by viewer votes. It's an untested twist to the show, and Green admits that even the producers don't know how it will play out. "It's always a question that superfans of the show have, which is, how much is the celebrity good because they're with that partner, or how much is it because they're good themselves?" Green explains. "It's a very good test of the stars, how good they actually are at dancing. And also, it's a real test for our pro dancers." Host Tom Bergeron hints at some of the interesting dynamics that could come up as a result. "If I was the pro and suddenly I had a new partner, and then I knew that I was going to go back to my old partner later, I wonder if I'd choreograph to the best of my ability while I was with the other person," Bergeron says. "Which is not to cast dispersions on anybody's professionalism. I'm just thinking diabolical strategy."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Switcheroos. I doubt this will change anything, that's my thought. They mess this show around too much .

Amazing Race, Survivor have the same thing each season- cant DWTS just stay the same
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Below is the latest I've read about the proposed partner switch. They are still not saying when it will take place nor for how long. My guess is they haven't definitely decided. I still think it's a disaster waiting to happen. This link gives some meager information on that and on the other changes that are happening.
    Dancing with the Stars: 9 Changes to Expect from Season 18 - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

1. Switcheroos!: At some point this season, the stars and pros will switch partners for at least one week, and the new pairings will be determined by viewer votes. It's an untested twist to the show, and Green admits that even the producers don't know how it will play out. "It's always a question that superfans of the show have, which is, how much is the celebrity good because they're with that partner, or how much is it because they're good themselves?" Green explains. "It's a very good test of the stars, how good they actually are at dancing. And also, it's a real test for our pro dancers." Host Tom Bergeron hints at some of the interesting dynamics that could come up as a result. "If I was the pro and suddenly I had a new partner, and then I knew that I was going to go back to my old partner later, I wonder if I'd choreograph to the best of my ability while I was with the other person," Bergeron says. "Which is not to cast dispersions on anybody's professionalism. I'm just thinking diabolical strategy."
    I have not been a fan of many of the gimmicks that they have attempted on the show but this is by far the worst! Tom is right...someone may not quite do the choreography they would have with their partners....maybe because of strategy, maybe because they just don't know them as well or their capability. What if someone gets voted off while with another partner? That doesn't seem fair. I'm thinking that there may not be an elimination that week and we will have scores carried over. Just dumb...and it's too bad, because this season looks to be the best in years.
    Florimel likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Hope I am putting this in the right place, but I just read and also saw on the latest After Buzz episode that all the Twitter votes that anyone did for the Switch Week coming up was for nothing. It will boil down to TPTB to make that decision. People on another site I belong to are livid since many of them have spent a tremendous amount of time voting on Twitter. I never voted so I am happy about that. What a waste of time. The girl who is the lead host on After Buzz said to be prepared for surprises. That was all she was allowed to say.

I also read that Billy Dee was told to leave and that he didn't leave because his doctor's told him to. I'm not saying he was fit as a fiddle by any means, but why ask someone to do a show and then do that to the man? I'm not sure I am allowed to put a link because I believe it's against the rules, but I'm sure if you google you can read all about it. People are livid with Conrad Green. Another thing mentioned was Sean Avery and the double elimination that we started out with. Originally, the double elimination was to happen in later weeks. My understanding was that because Sean told Conrad he wasn't happy with his first package for several reasons and not just the bad boy image part they changed the timing of the double elimination which in turn messed it up timing wise for the Switch Week. That was when TPTB decided Billy had to go.

It's too bad because I am enjoying the show and just want to see people dance. Why couldn't they leave the politics stay out of it?
    Florimel likes this.

Just realized I made a mistake and too late to change. The last sentence should read Why couldn't they leave the politics out of it. Sorry about that.

+ Reply to Thread