+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: DWTS 18 (premieres Mon Mar 17th) - News and Speculation

Re: DWTS 18 (premieres Mon Mar 17th) - News and Speculation

It seems that this season is top heavy with athletes.

Lots of folks have been wanting to see Brook go as co-host and hated the band. It took 18 seasons or so but I guess the producers finally figured out what the fans wanted. The show has been on since 2005, 9 years, that is a great run in show business and Brook has been host since season 10 or Spring 2010 ... a 4 year run.

I liked that they went to one night per week last season and it seems they are keeping that.

I don't think I mind the mid-season switching of partners but I think it would have been more exciting if if was a random pick a button from a bag procedure instead of fans voting for it because as it is it will be a bloody fight between Maks and Derek fans. I wonder if the network and or producers have found a way to make money by doing the voting that way. Bet you the system will crash at least once with all the "rabid" fans voting.

I wonder if someone will try to get a all girl team or all guy team voted in? Now that would be interesting.

I thought at first boy do they want Maks to win by giving Derek a partner with no legs. Then I looker her up ... it might not be that bad a choice.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-05-2014 at 11:18 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Drew Carey will be a guest Kelly and Michael on Friday( 14th), and Erin Andrews will be on The View the same day.

I see Brooke has a couple of acting gigs- good for her.

Tom tweeted - Spent a few hours annoying the @DancingABC producers yesterday. They’ve got some fun treats up their spray-tanned sleeves for Season 18.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Re: Dancing With The Stars 18 (premieres Mar 18th) - News and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    These two should have even more advantage that Kristi did because they are both experienced in lifts, they are ice dancers instead of ice skaters, and they are experienced performing with a partner while Kristi was not.

They should both make the finals.
    Lifts are limited to nothing above the shoulder--that is, the man cannot lift the lady higher than his shoulder--in ice dance. In pairs, no such limitations exist, and Kristi was a national champion in pairs with partner Rudy Galindo, who later went on to become men's national champion and a Worlds bronze medalist himself, after their split.

That being said, it could give them both an advantage. Just not more of an advantage than Kristi had.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Yes, I knew that. Her partner was Rudy Galindo if memory serves.
    Just as interesting side note: Kristi's daughter now takes figure skating lessons, and her teacher is Rudy Galindo.
    SpringMaiden27 and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It seems that this season is top heavy with athletes.

Lots of folks have been wanting to see Brook go as co-host and hated the band. It took 18 seasons or so but I guess the producers finally figured out what the fans wanted. The show has been on since 2005, 9 years, that is a great run in show business and Brook has been host since season 10 or Spring 2010 ... a 4 year run.

I liked that they went to one night per week last season and it seems they are keeping that.

I don't think I mind the mid-season switching of partners but I think it would have been more exciting if if was a random pick a button from a bag procedure instead of fans voting for it because as it is it will be a bloody fight between Maks and Derek fans. I wonder if the network and or producers have found a way to make money by doing the voting that way. Bet you the system will crash at least once with all the "rabid" fans voting.

I wonder if someone will try to get a all girl team or all guy team voted in? Now that would be interesting.

I thought at first boy do they want Maks to win by giving Derek a partner with no legs. Then I looker her up ... it might not be that bad a choice.

This just occurred to me. What if, by the time they introduce the twist, there isn't an equal division of male/female celebrities left and the show doesn't allow for same sex couples? If, say, only two male or two female celebrities are left, they'd have no choice but to switch up those two couples, regardless of the fan vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Just as interesting side note: Kristi's daughter now takes figure skating lessons, and her teacher is Rudy Galindo.
    Thanks, Tilden. I did not know that. Do you know at what level Kristi's daughter is skating?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

This just occurred to me. What if, by the time they introduce the twist, there isn't an equal division of male/female celebrities left and the show doesn't allow for same sex couples? If, say, only two male or two female celebrities are left, they'd have no choice but to switch up those two couples, regardless of the fan vote.
    I don't know that the following as fact, but from what I've read, I don't think they are doing all the switches at the same time. What I saw is that each of them will have to switch at some point in the show. I take that to mean from among who is still there. I suspect the judges will attempt to keep some gender balance at least until the whole switch thing has been complete.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Lifts are limited to nothing above the shoulder--that is, the man cannot lift the lady higher than his shoulder--in ice dance. In pairs, no such limitations exist, and Kristi was a national champion in pairs with partner Rudy Galindo, who later went on to become men's national champion and a Worlds bronze medalist himself, after their split.

That being said, it could give them both an advantage. Just not more of an advantage than Kristi had.
    Just because the rules in ice dance competitions don't allow lifts above the shoulder doesn't mean these two can't do them. Many ice dancers do lifts far more challenging than DWTS lifts in their routines. In their exhibition routines they often to full overhead lifts. Neither of these two will be lift challenged.
    Florimel likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

But lifts just 1 inch off the floor will trigger point deductions from the "lift policewoman" on DWTS. IF you're not one of her chosen favorites.

Argentine Tango will be great with our ice dancer contestants . . . lift away!!!!!!!

I read that Charlie and Sharna had Contemporary their first week and maybe we will get to see some lifts by Charlie right away - depending on what Sharna choreographs.

+ Reply to Thread