+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: DWTS 18 (premieres Mon Mar 17th) - News and Speculation

Re: Dancing With The Stars 18 (premieres Mar 18th) - News and Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I like the idea, EXCEPT for the fact that...

Derek has Amy, who presumably won't win but they could have a lot of fun and provide a nice inspiring story for half the season. BUT, if the twist happens wihle she is still in the competition, Derek might switch for someone else and end up winning again. I'm a huge Derek fan, but even I want someone else to win this time!
    Oh NO! I'm sure Maks will be losing Meryl then

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Oh NO! I'm sure Maks will be losing Meryl then
    I'm not happy with this stupid twist. It makes me wonder if they are doing it so Derek can get her and have yet another mirror ball
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

The twist sucks!!!
    One of the best parts of this show is seeing the pros find the strong points of their star & work with it. I like the bond that develops between the pro & star especially.

I just may watch until the twist & then call it an end.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    The twist sucks!!!
    One of the best parts of this show is seeing the pros find the strong points of their star & work with it. I like the bond that develops between the pro & star especially.

I just may watch until the twist & then call it an end.
    I love to see Derek's magic with choreography, but this season we were already half-way anticipating Maks getting a shot at the win, and Derek finally - yes, finally taking a shot at a real, bonafide challenge - when lo and behold the producers up and announce they are going to swap partners half way through. A good natured !
    combatcutie likes this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I just googled Amy and she's the same Amy that competed on The Amazing Race a few seasons back. I didn't get to see GMA this morning, so this is probably old news for most of you.

Also, regarding the 'twist'...did they announce that the viewers would decide which star would go with which pro "for the remainder of the competition" or was it left open to interpretation? I'm thinking maybe the twist would just include ONE week of switched partners and then they would go back to their originals....you know how Reality TV likes to mess with our heads with their teasers. I hope this is one of those cases....

Also I agree with someone upthread who said they like Candace Cameron Bure, but aren't happy she is paired with Mark. Would've loved to see her with Tristan...that would have been good. And Tony with Nene....really??!!

NeNe stated she DOES NOT have two left feet. Except for the height thing, I think Tony probably did all right this season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I just googled Amy and she's the same Amy that competed on The Amazing Race a few seasons back. I didn't get to see GMA this morning, so this is probably old news for most of you.

Also, regarding the 'twist'...did they announce that the viewers would decide which star would go with which pro "for the remainder of the competition" or was it left open to interpretation? I'm thinking maybe the twist would just include ONE week of switched partners and then they would go back to their originals....you know how Reality TV likes to mess with our heads with their teasers. I hope this is one of those cases....

Also I agree with someone upthread who said they like Candace Cameron Bure, but aren't happy she is paired with Mark. Would've loved to see her with Tristan...that would have been good. And Tony with Nene....really??!!
    I was wondering if she was! Thanks for looking that up. I hope she does better with dancing than she and her partner did on the Amazing Race. I was bummed when they were eliminated so early on.

Don't like the twist and not overly impressed with the cast...where's my football player?!?!

And my boo won't be on this season (Tristan), so I'm a tad sad about that as well!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 03-04-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I knew it was too good to be true. Maks is back, gets probably the best shot at winning since Mel B (which he should have won), and now this stupid twist, which probably means Derek will get Meryl after all and end up winning again. I also hope it's a one week thing, or that the backlash is so strong that they don't go through with it. I've already seen TPTB mention "keeping the audience young and trying new things." Give it up already show. I read Tristan was supposed to be on and had a partner lined up, but ended up getting bumped.

Not overly impressed with the cast. Either I've never heard of them or don't care. I love Danica, Candace, and Drew, and of course will root for Meryl for the obvious Not sure if I'll stick with the season or just catch the couples I want to see online.
    combatcutie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    These two will be the same.
    These two should have even more advantage that Kristi did because they are both experienced in lifts, they are ice dancers instead of ice skaters, and they are experienced performing with a partner while Kristi was not.

They should both make the finals.

+ Reply to Thread