+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: 10/7 DWTS 17: Performance/Result Show **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/7 DWTS 17: Performance/Result Show **West Coast Spoilers**

If that's what Julianne was actually going for, I don't think it was a workable strategy. When voters have supposedly rushed to the defense of a couple, it's because they thought the judges (or a judge) was being especially harsh or rude to a couple. Julianne's score was exactly the same as that of the other two judges on a night when all the scores were exactly the same (has that ever happened before?). Even her comment wasn't about the "star" but about Mark's tendency to showboat and was made without the kind of tone that most people would be likely to find mean-spirited. Or at least that enough people would be likely to find mean-spirited enough to heap votes upon Mark and Christina, unless they would have anyway.

It wouldn't overly surprise me if Mark and Christina got a relatively early boot, however. This season is quite competitive. Of those who are left, even the dancers with lower scores have points in their favor--they're entertaining or they're obviously trying and happy to be there or they're not nearly as bad as the worst dancers of other seasons or a combination of all three. At some point, someone is going to go home earlier than they might have in a different season. Christina probably doesn't have the fan base some other "stars" do, and with the scores relatively close together at this point, that may make a difference.

Actually, I also think Mark was probably lucky that it was Julianne judging that dance in place of Len too. I could easily imagine Len objecting to all that "nonsense" at the beginning and the amount of time they spent out of hold. He might have knocked off more points for that than Julianne did.
    ness and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    If that's what Julianne was actually going for, I don't think it was a workable strategy. When voters have supposedly rushed to the defense of a couple, it's because they thought the judges (or a judge) was being especially harsh or rude to a couple. Julianne's score was exactly the same as that of the other two judges on a night when all the scores were exactly the same (has that ever happened before?). Even her comment wasn't about the "star" but about Mark's tendency to showboat and was made without the kind of tone that most people would be likely to find mean-spirited. Or at least that enough people would be likely to find mean-spirited enough to heap votes upon Mark and Christina, unless they would have anyway.

It wouldn't overly surprise me if Mark and Christina got a relatively early boot, however. This season is quite competitive. Of those who are left, even the dancers with lower scores have points in their favor--they're entertaining or they're obviously trying and happy to be there or they're not nearly as bad as the worst dancers of other seasons or a combination of all three. At some point, someone is going to go home earlier than they might have in a different season. Christina probably doesn't have the fan base some other "stars" do, and with the scores relatively close together at this point, that may make a difference.

Actually, I also think Mark was probably lucky that it was Julianne judging that dance in place of Len too. I could easily imagine Len objecting to all that "nonsense" at the beginning and the amount of time they spent out of hold. He might have knocked off more points for that than Julianne did.

Julianne was basically a parrot like most any other "guest" judge they've had on the show so the scores are reflective of the party line, but Julianne broke her own rule by calling out Mark, that's what Mark saw as being hypocritical and that's why a lot of Mark supporters were saying things such as losing respect for Julianne, and they would have to vote more. You only have to go into an active thread on some other boards to see the reaction. So why would Mark even bother to comment if it wasn't going to help him get votes? A scripted television show wants to create it's own buzz and Marks comments to US weekly keeps the buzz going.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 10-10-2013 at 04:57 PM.

To the Point

Well, unless she calls in a few votes when the show is over, my guess is probably not really anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    Well, unless she calls in a few votes when the show is over, my guess is probably not really anyone.
    Exactly!!She wont have time anyway, they all go to the 'after' party .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread