+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Amber Riley
    Season 17

Pro: Derek Hough

Amber Riley, best known for her role of Mercedes Jones on FOX’s Golden Globe, Peabody and SAG Award winning musical comedy Glee, got her first big break when Ryan Murphy cast her in the pilot St. Sass. Although the pilot was not picked up to series, she was able to use that experience to land a role on the television series Cedric the Entertainer Presents.

Amber has performed in numerous theater productions, including Alice in Wonderland, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Into the Woods and Mystery on the Docks with the Los Angeles Opera. In November 2012, she made her New York stage debut to rave reviews in New York City Center’s Duke Ellington’s Cotton Club Parade.

Amber has received two individual NAACP Image Award nominations for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy series for her work on Glee. In 2011, she was nominated for a second Teen Choice Award for Choice TV: Female Scene Stealer and in 2010 received the Most Popular Geek Award at AOL’s 1st Annual Geek Awards. Amber previously served as an Ambassador for VH-1’s Save the Music Foundation and as a member of Seventeen Magazine’s Body Peace Council. She is currently in the studio working on her debut solo album.

Meet the Season 17 Cast - ABC.com

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

It would appear that Hough finally has been given a normal/natural woman as a partner. This should be interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Cool. I didn't realize who she was until I saw her pic. I think they'll be a fun pair.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It would appear that Hough finally has been given a normal/natural woman as a partner. This should be interesting.
    They will rock, because he is that good
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Gotta go with you on this one....he is superb! I'm hoping this will quiet his critics. They just hate that he is so skilled. Everybody's got a talent....just so happens his is dancing and choreographing.
    norealityhere, Living and ilja like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Gotta go with you on this one....he is superb! I'm hoping this will quiet his critics. They just hate that he is so skilled. Everybody's got a talent....just so happens his is dancing and choreographing.
    It would be nice, very nice.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I didn't pick up on who this was either. I have watched Glee only sporadically through the seasons and knew her by character but not by given name. She is heavy, but I wouldn't say that she isn't talented - maybe even experienced. I just don't know. Derek is not starting with some of the obvious ringers and born (naturally inclined) dancers he has had in the past. On the other hand, she does have a given background from her musical experience on Glee ( which does include dance here and there.)

He will have to work harder this season to get as far as in other seasons because though she might have the popularity and some (how much??) dance experience, she does not have the image as others, even Ms. Lake who wasn't particularly slim.

I certainly won't count him out. Now, we see, though, a little better what the ultra talented choreographer/dancer Derek can do as a teacher/instructor. This is what I have said I wanted to see for a long time!
    I am going to be fair about this. If he pulls this off on the playing field he has, by George, Derek will deserve it!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I like Amber, and it will be fun to see what she can do. She's bigger than average, but she's in good shape and can move well (at least she could when she was a regular on Glee). I don't know what kind of cardio condition she's in at this point, but I'll bet she's got as much stamina as a lot of the others.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I'm looking forward to this pairing!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

It's so funny. I was looking at a picture of Amber on the TV Guide page just now, and I'll bet she doesn't weigh more than 130 (less if she's short). It's funny how I think of her as "big" when she's probably not more than a size 12 (or what used to be a size 12 when I was growing up; my sister's granddaughter is a size 0 and she's the same size as my sister was growing up which was a size 8, so I really don't know how to say sizes anymore). My idea of her size is so skewed by the fact that she's always seen next to girls who weigh 100 lbs.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast