+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Keep in mind that all "dancing lessons" are not created equal. Some just help you to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.....not everybody is born with that particular ability.

I am sick to death of the word "ringer".
    combatcutie, ilja and stacerace76 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Keep in mind that all "dancing lessons" are not created equal. Some just help you to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.....not everybody is born with that particular ability.

Yes, I am as well. I don't see it many places other than here. It takes away from the show. I like Amber, but I enjoy Jack and Valerie just as much. I also like the others in my pool , that I don't even know.

Roll on Monday
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Amen to that. It's starting to sound to me like knee-jerk excuse for your own current favorite not winning especially if they are partnered with a pro who has won more than your favorite pro.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Amen to that. It's starting to sound to me like knee-jerk excuse for your own current favorite not winning especially if they are partnered with a pro who has won more than your favorite pro.
    Yes, that's it.

Derek is up for an Emmy Sunday, he is also doing some choreographing for the show( other pros will be on ) Amber said she will watch from home soaking her feet
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Actually no. It's a predictable show, and Goldilocks has it sewn up yet again. The rest of it is just window dressing. When they bring out a contestant who doesn't do Cha Cha for the first 45-50 seconds of the dance and then barely just squeezes in about 3 recognizable Cha Cha steps and gets a 9, then the fix is in, again.
    combatcutie and Florimel like this.

Nobody can ruin a talented person for me except that person, but I understand what you are saying. I just like his energy and spirit and abilities. Life is pretty fun when you have a strong talent.
    There is video of Derek and Amber talking about their jive .OMG They laugh a lot, they have fun. While I think he's a very good teacher, at least they take time to smile/laugh, and there isn't any nasty talk

. It has to do with the spirit that is Derek Hough
    stacerace76 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Actually no. It's a predictable show, and Goldilocks has it sewn up yet again. The rest of it is just window dressing. When they bring out a contestant who doesn't do Cha Cha for the first 45-50 seconds of the dance and then barely just squeezes in about 3 recognizable Cha Cha steps and gets a 9, then the fix is in, again.
    Who are you talking about? Remember, I am not that knowledgable about most of the DWTS dances.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

FORT Fogey

I think if Derek had put in 25 cha-cha steps, Amber might have had a fairly easy time of it. The test is not the cha-cha by the very nature of the dance. Personally, out of all of them, for her her personality, experience, size, etc., I think the cha-cha with 3 cha-cha steps and filler or 25 cha-cha steps was the best dance she could have gotten to make the best impression.
    How well can Amber move on the jive or the quickstep? With the exception of the waltzes, the rest of the dances, I think, are going to be harder for Amber to naturally pull off, and we will see both how good of (what we always called) a born dancer Amber is as well as what Derek can pull off.

Because Amber is a big girl ( and I have never seen Derek dance with a big girl like Amber), I believe he is going to have to go to the drawing boards with the choreography. His creative ideas would still work, of course, but all of the steps might not suit as he is used to doing them.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Oh, I see. There are basic Cha Cha steps that all the contestants do, except Amber doesn't have to. Okay why even do any Cha Cha at all?? Lets just have a dance where Amber gets to show off what she does on Glee and get a 9. Come to think of it, Glee is more grueling than this, right Amber? Those annoying Cha Cha steps were just filler anyway.
    combatcutie and Florimel like this.

I saw last weeks cha cha again, I loved it
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread