+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Has she said somewhere that she didn't have dance training before Glee?)
    She said in the interview on Monday that she wanted to do both dance and voice lessons as a child, but her family could only afford one, so they went with voice lessons. Whether she had any dance lessons, I don't know
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    She said in the interview on Monday that she wanted to do both dance and voice lessons as a child, but her family could only afford one, so they went with voice lessons. Whether she had any dance lessons, I don't know
    In the interview I saw- she said she wanted to learn to dance, so I don't think she has. She does have natural rhythm .But in a season with ringers, it wouldn't matter if she had a few lessons, when she was a young child
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You know, it's not his fault if they see him as their pet....if, indeed, they do. People tend to favor extremely talented, gifted people and appreciate them for their gift. Many people are jealous when they have absolutely nothing that can compare. They have nothing, so they want YOU to have nothing. I think it's more a matter of respect, than anything else.
    Oh, I'm not saying that it is his fault, but their constant pushing for him and favoring of him puts a bad taste in my mouth. I don't deny that he is very talented, but the judges ruined him for me.
    Florimel and KrazeeKy07 like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Nobody can ruin a talented person for me except that person, but I understand what you are saying. I just like his energy and spirit and abilities. Life is pretty fun when you have a strong talent.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The judges look for the stars to improve, and notably Derek has been top notch in making that happen season after season. Do I think zeroing in on that is showing favoritism toward Derek or are they just pointing out that his method of channeling his stars, works? I think it is the latter because the judges truly love to see the stars blossom, both for their enjoyment and the show's reputation.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    The judges look for the stars to improve, and notably Derek has been top notch in making that happen season after season. Do I think zeroing in on that is showing favoritism toward Derek or are they just pointing out that his method of channeling his stars, works? I think it is the latter because the judges truly love to see the stars blossom, both for their enjoyment and the show's reputation.
    Yes, they do like to see the star improve, it must be wonderful to be talented( as Derek is) and have the ability to teach someone else to dance as well as they are able . Kellie says he pushes really hard, and I think he does, but damn that must be fun.BB 100 likes for your well thought out post
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

During her intro when Amber was talking about dancing, she said she always wanted to dance, but growing up there there was not enough money for both singing and dancing lessons. She didn't come right out and say it, but since she is on Glee which is a tv show primarily about singing with a little dancing thrown in here and there - and she has had some great voice solos - the conclusion drawn by what she did say is that she did not have any dance lessons.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

I think Amber is a sweetie, and along with Valerie and Jack she is one, if not my fave . I think she is scared, due to her weight, Sherri says she knows what that feels like..she shouldn't be. I hope Derek is able to showcase her fine full figure
    -Andy Rooney-

I think all the pros- past and present- are extremely talented people. Every single one has something great and different to offer.

And yes, Amber shouldn't be worried about her weight at all...all she needs to worry about is having fun and enjoying this experience!
    Florimel likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Do they still give the celebs the meal plans? I know that, for a while, NutriSystem was providing the food. Maybe it's optional?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread