+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 203
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

  1. #21
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,156

    Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    The stars come on the show for different reasons. What they officially say and what they privately want are sometimes different things. Sometimes they want to revive a sagging career or maybe to jumpstart one as in the case of Gilles and Melissa - look at how both of their careers in the industry took off once they finished their first seasons.
    Chase Bono (Cher's son) wanted to lose weight, but more than that he wanted to bring publicity to the cause of transgendering from one sex to another.

    Speaking of transformation.....Kelly Osborne did a transformation of a totally different kind and really helped start a career for herself with her time on DWTS.

    I am sure that there are many others, but those are the ones that I can think of off the top of my head. Chase stated his goal, but I don't think the others did.
    I didn't see or hear about Melissa after the show, although I was never a fan. Sometimes the show works, other times it doesn't I guess
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  2. #22
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't see or hear about Melissa after the show, although I was never a fan. Sometimes the show works, other times it doesn't I guess
    I don't watch shows like E or those kinds of things, but she did some things on one of those kinds of shows, and kept fairly busy, and then for a while she had a reality show of her own with her husband. I don't know what she is doing now.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  3. #23
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,156

    Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I don't watch shows like E or those kinds of things, but she did some things on one of those kinds of shows, and kept fairly busy, and then for a while she had a reality show of her own with her husband. I don't know what she is doing now.

    Well maybe she is happier, she seemed kind of sad on the show at times, dance is always good for the soul. Lets hope we can ask Valerie Harper about that
    I don't know Amber, but I saw her online, and she has a delightful personality, I don't know if she can dance -so bring it on!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  4. #24
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Well maybe she is happier, she seemed kind of sad on the show at times, dance is always good for the soul. Lets hope we can ask Valerie Harper about that
    I don't know Amber, but I saw her online, and she has a delightful personality, I don't know if she can dance -so bring it on!
    They all have good voices on Glee, but from the times that I have seen it, I know that Amber does have a very big personality role. They have an Asian guy on Glee who is a cracker jack dancer. I don't know what kind of training he has had, but I bet he would be a ringer for sure. I don't know his name, but he is known more for his dance ability than for his voice, and on Glee that is unusual....
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  5. #25
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,156

    Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    They all have good voices on Glee, but from the times that I have seen it, I know that Amber does have a very big personality role. They have an Asian guy on Glee who is a cracker jack dancer. I don't know what kind of training he has had, but I bet he would be a ringer for sure. I don't know his name, but he is known more for his dance ability than for his voice, and on Glee that is unusual....
    I never watch the show Glee, in fact I don't like it- hence not knowing who Amber is, I look forward to getting to know her
    prhoshay and zookeepertx like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #26
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,156

    Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  7. #27
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

    Watched the video. She is tooo cute! Didn't realize she is 27!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #28
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25,156

    Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Watched the video. She is tooo cute! Didn't realize she is 27!
    She is cute. So is he
    Baby's Breath likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  9. #29
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,841

    Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

    She did a good job, but I think she was a bit over scored IMO
    BTW, pikachu, Shoepie and 2 others like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  10. #30
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

    She moves her body well...much better than I anticipated. Glad they didn't dress her in Scarlett O'Hara's parlor drapes (Miss Ellen's portieres)!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.