+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Oh no, I have not. I know she had to have fluid drained last week, but then because of that I wasn't expecting her to be able to do much with so little practice that she had and she came out and her and Derek killed it. Still hoping for the best. She is a fighter!
    Yes she is-I am enjoying her .In the link you provided they said she was not as good in rehearsal, once the show started she kicked it up a notch! so good for her
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I watched miss Amber again, I can see why Bruno gave her a 10
    -Andy Rooney-

I enjoyed it, but I agree with Len. It was well-performed, but it was not really a foxtrot, and Derek knew it!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

It was a different foxtrot, not full hold all the time- that's what Len likes and wanted- CA and Bruno had no problem.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I enjoyed it, but I agree with Len. It was well-performed, but it was not really a foxtrot, and Derek knew it!
    Yep, I agree with Len too.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Yeah, that was my only issue. I applaud Len when he calls people out for that, though I did think the 7 should've been an 8. It's not fair to those who do stick to the traditional dances that another dancer can do something different and still get scored the same.
    combatcutie and Florimel like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Yep, I agree with Len too.
    I too agreed with Len, but I also agreed with the score that Bruno gave Amber.
    -Andy Rooney-

This was the first time that I really, really loved Amber's dancing. Prior to last night, I thought she was good but she never really touched me like she did last night. To me, it was a break out dance. I'm glad she did it and hope she keeps it up. She is an inspiration.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I think Len was right; that was not a foxtrot though it was a lovely dance. Derek has been using this show for years to help establish and grow his career as a choreographer. I don't blame him for that. He's an excellent choreographer so why not use this venue. I don't know why they haven't yet used him on So You Think You Can Dance. If Hollywood was still making musicals as they used, he'd be perfect for that.

He knows he is well liked and those who worship at the altar of Derek will keep his partners around even if he does break the rules. Derek always gets viable partners, but he knows how to teach them and make the most of their talents, just as Cheryl does.

I'd like it much better if stuck to the rules of ballroom, but I don't blame him for trying to make the most of the opportunities this show has given him.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Makes you wonder if with this new scoring system, if the pro's have some idea who is going in advance. Maybe Derek knew it was hopeless for Mark & Christina, and thought, "we can take a risk this week, we're not going anywhere..." Just idle speculation on my part.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread