+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    When you look good, you tend to DO good...or at least "better". I couldn't not put my heart into a dance when I was wearing something that ugly.

The rejoicers are rejoicing!
    That's okay, let them rejoice. I am sure she felt awful bless her, she seems really nervous doesn't she? I am not a Glee fan, so I don't know her at all, I just thought she would be more confident
    prhoshay likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Well, I thought she looked GREAT from the chin up (LOVED the blue flower in her hair!).

From the chin DOWN?

Meh.

Still and all, she wasn't as bad as Nicole or Leah as far as costuming went, I think.

I DID think her shoes sucked, BIG time, although I DEFINITELY wouldn't've tried to do The Jive the second week out in heels, EITHER!

ESPECIALLY the week after an ankle/foot injury (apparently), and being nervous on top of THAT, to boot!

She's got Derek, and I think they'll do well and go VERY far.

And I'm saying "very far" NOW, because after seeing Corbin and Karina two weeks in a row, I think Amber and Derek are REALLY going to have to WORK it if he's going to get a MB5.

I'm pleased to see her and glad she's on.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I really like Derek but Amber didn't live up to those scores. Yes, they will go far due to Derek being a favorite and she isn't awful by any stretch of the imagination. But I do think there are a couple others that are better than her....for now.
    combatcutie likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't like that shade of blue on Amber, at all. There was nothing complimentary about it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I still think she danced well. I think Corbin/Karina are on par with Derek/Amber. I do like these two couples
    -Andy Rooney-

I do too, Fanny Mare. Honestly, I thought she looked like a bluebird... but a cute and happy one!

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    I do too, Fanny Mare. Honestly, I thought she looked like a bluebird... but a cute and happy one!
    She always looks so joyful, that goes a long way. Its hard to dress a larger woman, and she ( like Leah) doesn't like her body very much. I love to see that happy smile I look forward to seeing what she can do next week, along with my other faves ( Corbin etc)
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Several you have nailed it. It is hard to costume the larger woman. By its nature, the costume has to have something that attracts the eye, but at the same time, the costume designer has to try to if not to flatter the figure, at least not to make it look worse. So far, unfortunately, in several instances on DWTS, they have missed the boat on this one. Maybe it is because they are accustomed to costuming all of those fabulous pro figures, and they just don't really have a clue about even the average woman who has all kinds of figure flaws let alone the larger woman.

Amber has a vivacious personality, a sunny smile and a winning way about her. She has natural dance ability, and Derek is a gifted choreographer. That said, Amber will be more limited in some of the moves than Corbin who is not hindered by size, and Derek will have to work hard to create choreographies that showcase the kinds of things that Amber can do well and which will make Amber shine while still displaying the content that will keep Len from becoming grouchy
    Corbin can do more tricks, but Amber has Derek.

Unknown at this time is the fanbase for either/both of them. That as we know, boys and girls, is huge! That could well factor in big time like it did last season, and like it has many seasons.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Sherri looked good .I think she was okay with her body though .kwim? I think when you work with the wardrobe dept., they ask questions and they dress you accordingly;
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Agreed Amber has natural rhythm, but the choreography is sparce on actual technique, and that's by design. This jive was difficult for her, very flat footed and there were no advanced jive steps in the dance. Like the Cha Cha there was little actual dance content. The next dance will be a lot easier, since she won't have to worry about any ballroom technique, and it will once again be a bouncy dance that showcases her theatrics, but not her abilty to dance ballroom.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread