+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

Re: Amber Riley & Derek Hough - Season 17

It's true that there wasn't enough cha cha in the cha cha -- Amber & Derek dodged a bullet this week, probably because the show didn't want the judges to be sourpusses right out of the gate, with so many uplifting stories to hawk this season.

And I think the thing that gives Amber an edge isn't whether or not she's had dance lessons, but the mere fact that she's been drilled by choreographers fairly regularly over the last 4 years. The Glee cast has even gone on tour (and sung and danced live before thousands) in between seasons.

The steps she did on Glee may have been more movement than dance, but it's already in her head that she has to extend every limb, every finger, etc. Her ability to pick things up quickly-and-move-on is exactly the thing that every DWTS star needs to have, or develop quickly, in order to keep advancing. Derek remarked on this in that interview, and it makes sense that he's now going to throw the kitchen sink at her -- because she is already practiced in taking that kind of direction.

I just hope Derek doesn't treat every ballroom dance the way he approached the cha cha. And I'm speaking as one of his biggest fans.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Congratulations to Derek! He won the Best Choreography Emmy tonight! And he and the other nominees got to put together a routine and perform it live on the show tonight, just before the award was given out. Neil Patrick Harris made the whole category into a big deal, since it's the first time they gave out the award on the main show instead of the Creative Arts Awards show the week prior. Y'all should check out a video clip when/if it becomes available.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I loved it! I screamed when Heidi and Tim announced Derek's name over all the talented SYTYCD choreographers. Loved the dance sequence set up and the dance - can't wait for youtube to pick it up.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Well finally all those nominations he put in for himself finally stuck.Too bad he won for something that wasn't Ballroom, but I guess that how it goes these days. I have an aversion to award shows, especially since BreakingBad was so good tonight so Ill have to catch it on ytube

I was so happy Derek won . he deserved it!

I bet Amber is happy for him and the others pros on DWTS
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I was hoping for Sonya Tayeh to win. At least she is true to her genre

Very happy for him and the show!

Just read and looked up the dances he nominated/won with...all of the choreographers had three dances listed after their names.

Two were with Shawn on the All-Star season... her quickstep and mambo..and the third one was the Walking on Air box thingy.

Congrats to him!

Sure we will hear about it tomorrow night... I'm pretty sure it was the box Macy's dance that pulled it through for him!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

CONGRATULATIONS to DEREK!!!!!!!!!!

"In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I had a feeling one would be the walking on air (box) but was surprised at the two with Shawn, I thought it would be the contemporary with Kelly from this past season.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS to DEREK!!!!!!!!!!

:

I know, isn't it great that DWTS has such a choreographer
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread