+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Bill Nye & Tyne Stecklein - Season 17

Re: Bill Nye & Tyne Stecklein - Season 17

I can't get on some links here so I didn't get to read the update. I will pray for him and hope he gets to dance. I don't like when people have to go out due to an injury.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

He has a partially torn ligament- he hopes to be dancing next week
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If Bill survives the torn ligament, poor guy has Jive next.

Update: According to @dwtsgossip they say he's done. Apparently he was interviewed on GMA.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-26-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Too bad -- no one wants to go out this way. And ABC must be freaking out, since he was such a huge fan draw this season.
    Sticker likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Bill Nye is done. He has to walk with a cane right now.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Too bad -- no one wants to go out this way. And ABC must be freaking out, since he was such a huge fan draw this season.
    Does this mean we have a week with nobody going home?
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Does this mean we have a week with nobody going home?
    It's possible -- usually they schedule one double elimination during the season, so either they will give everyone else a break this week, or else they'll still send someone else home and cancel the double later in the season.

EDIT: But it's harder to call this season, since people are going home for the dance they did the week before -- ugh I hate this new format.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

But it's harder to call this season, since people are going home for the dance they did the week before -- ugh I hate this new format.
    Oh yes, I forgot that. I rather doubt Bill Nye was going home given his fan base.
    -Andy Rooney-

Mentioned on the other thread that when the final 3 couples were standing there, Bill tried to raise his hand to interrupt and say something.....and a couple of us believe he was going to volunteer to be voted off the show at that time. But it seems the show had it planned to make sure he would be voted off the show this week anyway because of his injury. It was the right thing to do since he had no chance to do well after his injury.

As far as the new scoring, I just think it is way too confusing. Most shows like this have the voting, and then shortly after we see the results of the voting. I think I understand they dont want to put a damper on the show, so they have to have elimination at the end of a show, but somehow, the scoring needs to simplified. It is just too confusing to understand IMO.
    Maybe they should do live phone-in, and judging, and scoring, and elimination all in same night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker View Post
    Mentioned on the other thread that when the final 3 couples were standing there, Bill tried to raise his hand to interrupt and say something.....and a couple of us believe he was going to volunteer to be voted off the show at that time. But it seems the show had it planned to make sure he would be voted off the show this week anyway because of his injury. It was the right thing to do since he had no chance to do well after his injury.

As far as the new scoring, I just think it is way too confusing. Most shows like this have the voting, and then shortly after we see the results of the voting. I think I understand they dont want to put a damper on the show, so they have to have elimination at the end of a show, but somehow, the scoring needs to simplified. It is just too confusing to understand IMO.
    Maybe they should do live phone-in, and judging, and scoring, and elimination all in same night.
    I think live scoring, while good an idea would be even more confusing. I tried to vote last night and couldn't get through. It's all very rushed, although last night too much time was spent on Bill Nye
    Sticker likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast