+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff - Season 17

Re: Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff - Season 17

Didn't someone say they would do this well? I cant remember who, but yes, I bet we see 3 10's! every poll I have seen they have him winning
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Didn't someone say they would do this well? I cant remember who, but yes, I bet we see 3 10's! every poll I have seen they have him winning
    I must have missed where someone didn't think they would do this dance well. Guess we will have to wait and see. Corbin has been really working on all the areas that the judges have told him to work on. When I watched After Buzz this week I remember Gleb saying that Corbin had checked with him regarding the Foxtrot - to get another male dancer's prospective so it seems like he really wants to do well. All of them want to do well.

As far as him getting 3 10s I'm not sure if Len would give him one. Len imo seems harder on the males as a rule and I remember during Donald and JRs seasons they didn't get one until almost the end. They always give him great complements, but for one reason or another except for Bruno no 10 score. CA would have except for the lift that didn't exist, but she thought she saw.

I don't think you can tell by the polls because we all know fan bases enter into the picture. I really don't know how big a fan base Corbin has. For that matter I don't know how big a fan base any of them have this particular season. Even the pros fan base enters into it. Lots of factors enter into who ends up winning and anything can happen as far as injuries, etc. So I will just take week by week and enjoy Corbin and Karina while they are still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I must have missed where someone didn't think they would do this dance well. Guess we will have to wait and see. Corbin has been really working on all the areas that the judges have told him to work on. When I watched After Buzz this week I remember Gleb saying that Corbin had checked with him regarding the Foxtrot - to get another male dancer's prospective so it seems like he really wants to do well. All of them want to do well.

As far as him getting 3 10s I'm not sure if Len would give him one. Len imo seems harder on the males as a rule and I remember during Donald and JRs seasons they didn't get one until almost the end. They always give him great complements, but for one reason or another except for Bruno no 10 score. CA would have except for the lift that didn't exist, but she thought she saw.

I don't think you can tell by the polls because we all know fan bases enter into the picture. I really don't know how big a fan base Corbin has. For that matter I don't know how big a fan base any of them have this particular season. Even the pros fan base enters into it. Lots of factors enter into who ends up winning and anything can happen as far as injuries, etc. So I will just take week by week and enjoy Corbin and Karina while they are still there.
    Someone posted, or maybe it was on Buzz that this dance would be good for these two. I agree. I think we will see a 10 from Len, it's time.Or maybe he will save it to keep someone IN the competition.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Apparently, their will be a "Switch Up Challenge" Monday...where the couples will be split of into two groups of four and they are going to switch the music throughout.

Not sure if it's a team thing or if it's going to be the best out if each four and then those two compete.

Saw a pic of Corbin, Bill, and Jack with there partners.

I read this on the FB DWTS page.

I hate stupid challenges like this.

Posted it here since Corbin is the main one in the pic!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Apparently, their will be a "Switch Up Challenge" Monday...where the couples will be split of into two groups of four and they are going to switch the music throughout.

Not sure if it's a team thing or if it's going to be the best out if each four and then those two compete.

Saw a pic of Corbin, Bill, and Jack with there partners.

I read this on the FB DWTS page.

Posted it here since Corbin is the main one in the pic!
    I agree, I also hate these challenges. I see no reason to have them .

This is what I read...Each couple will compete in an individual dance style they have not yet done as well as take part in the first ever “Switch-Up Challenge.” In this fresh take on a dance marathon, couples will compete side by side, in two rounds, with no prior knowledge of dance style or musical accompaniment. One by one, the judges will select couples to be tapped-off/removed from the dance floor. Extra judges’ points will be awarded to couples based on longevity.

Longevity? that makes no sense to me,
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-19-2013 at 02:51 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

with no prior knowledge of dance style or musical accompaniment.
    How can that be when they already have pictures of them practicing? I think they need to proofread their own words. Can you imagine the disaster that would be?

Longevity? that makes no sense to me
    Fanny I think all that means is the longer they stay in without getting tapped the more points they receive. Don't they normally do something like this except they are all doing the same dance and the judges signal which ones need to go and the last couple standing gets the most points added to their score?

Then they have had the one where other couples pick the dance they get, but if I am remembering correctly they don't get the music until that night and then go and practice. Seems like a combination of the two. I do wonder if on Monday they do tell them at that point what the dance and music will be and give them a little time to practice. Guess we will see.

Me too KrazeeK with emphasis on STUPID!!!
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 10-19-2013 at 03:14 PM.

While their VW this week was not a traditional VW it was one of my favorite dances. I thought it was very dramatic and I couldn't keep my eyes from it. I have watched it over and over.

My guess is that Karina may have figured they got marked down for the lift from last week that didn't exist so why not go for it with this dance. It was like the dance needed it. I loved how excited Corbin was to do this dance since it appears to be his favorite show. I admit I am not familiar with it.

I really like Corbin and I never knew him from before. I like his attitude and just because he has danced hip hop before he hasn't done ballroom. I am not bothered when people have danced before. I look at it like they may have just as hard a time as a brand new dancer. When you do one style you may have habits that are hard to break.

I just know that he is one of the dancers that I look forward to seeing each and every week. He is labeled a ringer and yet this season they announced on the show that 50% of the dancers had prior dance experience when they started. So he is certainly not the only one. I don't know what his fan base is, but he has one in me. Can't wait to see what Corbin and Karina do next week.
    NCLurker, KrazeeKy07 and ilja like this.

I love watching him. I liked his dance with Karina and he stood out in the group dance, another who is*** foxing awesome***
    NCLurker, ilja and Jaceegirl like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

Holy Moly! He is just a whole lot of fun for a whole lot of reasons!
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.

His solo in that group dance was AMAZING.

That's why I like freestyles...because once you take away all the rules, you can really see how much fun people can have and how GREAT some of them can move!!!

Def hope he makes it to the end now, because I need to see a longer version of what he did last night!
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

+ Reply to Thread