+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff - Season 17

FORT Fogey

Re: Corbin Bleu & Karina Smirnoff - Season 17

I thought it was fantastic! But I do think that it was a bit of a mistake to throw in the two stunts - the one with the extra dancers and the trampoline, and then the one with the leaning towards each other move from the video. Both of those ate up a lot of time. THey were cool moves, and things that made you say wow -- but they weren't moves that highlighted what a great dancer Corbin is. I almost feel like the routine was choreographed to give Corbin a memorable moment rather than being choreographed for the win.
    Shoepie likes this.

I thought Corbin outdanced his pro partner. I agree the tricks & stunts were not necessary. I would have perferred just Corbin & Karina or perhaps just Corbin then again he is a pro himself.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I thought Corbin outdanced his pro partner. I agree the tricks & stunts were not necessary. I would have perferred just Corbin & Karina or perhaps just Corbin then again he is a pro himself.
    Yes, seeing it again. He did seem to out dance her a little- he would be better paired with someone like Whitney, who, when they did their threesome dance was his equal.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm so disappointed. I was already afraid that he was going to get beat out by much bigger fan bases but hoped his talent would overcome the Glee factor and the sympathy or love factor for the others. I only wish Karina had pushed harder for him to simply show off his talent and not do tricks or imitations of a past performer who is not admired by everyone like he was in the past.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    I'm so disappointed. I was already afraid that he was going to get beat out by much bigger fan bases but hoped his talent would overcome the Glee factor and the sympathy or love factor for the others. I only wish Karina had pushed harder for him to simply show off his talent and not do tricks or imitations of a paster performer who is not admired by everyone.
    Well its not over yet, I don't know how many Glee fans watch, I love Amber and I don't like Glee. I think larger ladies love Amber, just as they did Kirstie - everyone is tired of perfect bods winning.(jmho. ) Jack has done well and overcome a lot, I cannot be upset with a win for this kid..
    -Andy Rooney-

It's a little difficult for me to remain neutral on Corbin, whom I do like very, very much, because of his professional background. Another reason is that I have never been a fan of Michael Jackson except when he was a child. So as good as he is, I didn't enjoy that freestyle. Nevertheless, I think is a great performer who will have a well-deserved great career.
    ilja likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I tuned into GMA late today and just saw the end of the DWTS crew. I missed why Karina wasn't there. Does anyone know? Thanks.

Corbin was on the The View with Jack and Cheryl. Karina wasnt there either. They all look pretty exhausted.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    I tuned into GMA late today and just saw the end of the DWTS crew. I missed why Karina wasn't there. Does anyone know? Thanks.
    I think I heard them say on GMA that she wasn't there due to an injury. I didn't hear what kind or how bad
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I heard she had a family emergency. It was said both on GMA and The View. Corbin tried to moonwalk on GMA, but his shoes were sticking to the floor. Everyone danced at the end. Corbin with Robin, Derek with Lara, Sam with Cheryl... best of all, Amber with George. So cute!

+ Reply to Thread