+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I also feel a bit of a disconnect with her and can't put my finger on exactly why. It's not her looks because that's never been a criterion for me on this show. It's not the bad movie Showgirls either. She may have had a hard time getting work as an adult actress. Her character was my least favorite on Saved By the Bell. I don't think her acting talent is that good especially when compared with Tiffany Thiesen or Mark Paul Gosselear or even Mario Lopez.

I do think she's a good dancer and I hope she stays around for while because I'd like to see more of her technique and because I really like Val.
    I just don't think she and Val are connecting. Not in the way Zendaya and he did. I know she was too young to have* chemistry*- but he so obviously enjoyed her and her work ethic. While I wasn't a fan of either of them, they made a good team.

I don't need to put EB down non stop in order to make anyone I like seem better..it happens when we are passionate for one team( I was a little like that with Derek and Kellie) jmho of course. But the forums seem a nicer place to have fun, than to slam each dancer to the point of no return..sorry, this sounds like a sermon, it isn't meant to be
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 09-25-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I just don't think she and Val are connecting. Not in the way Zendaya and he did. I know she was too young to have* chemistry*- but he so obviously enjoyed her and her work ethic. While I wasn't a fan of either of them, they made a good team.

I don't need to put EB down non stop in order to make anyone I like seem better..it happens when we are passionate for one team( I was a little like that with Derek and Kellie) jmho of course. But the forums seem a nicer place to have fun, than to slam each dancer to the point of no return..sorry, this sounds like a sermon, it isn't meant to be
    You see, Fanny, here is where I have to disagree a bit. I thought that Val was constantly on his toes, so to speak, all last season - so careful what he said and what he did to make sure it was appropriate, etc., because Zen was so young. It was as if he had been warned to watch what he said and did so that neither he nor the show could be criticised. This season, he seems much more relaxed, and he seems to be enjoying himself as an adult.
    I laughed at him in rehearsal. It sounded like he said to Elizabeth, "Stop looking at my boobs," and she said, "Well, quit looking at mine!" He turned red. That was so adult. That kind of playful exchange could never have happened last season.

He was an excellent instructor for Zen, but I do think he is enjoying partnering Elizabeth this season. She does have prior dance ( whether we like it or not, it makes the pros' job easier), she is closer to his age, plus it is obvious she is excited to be there.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Well I guess we will agree to disagree . Do I think she will this? at this point no I don't. I kind of agree with you here- I thought that Val was constantly on his toes, so to speak, all last season - so careful what he said and what he did to make sure it was appropriate, etc., because Zen was so young

I think he got over that.I really do.

I am not saying Elisabeth and Val are not playful, in fact I see more in rehearsal than I do on the dance floor ( for me that is her disconnect, not his) . Heck I was wrong once, I could be again
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Maybe it's just me but this pic of Eliz in that RED dress was pretty darn sexy. I want that dress.
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I never felt "boring" about Kristi Yamaguchi or Jennifer Grey. I like both of them and their dancing quite a lot. I do admit that Brooke didn't do much for me; I can barely remember her or who her pro was.
    Neither did I, but that were the constant comments, Kristi, she's the ice woman and has no connection with the audience, or Jennifer Grey, so boring always talking about her injuries, or Brooke, no personality, or Stacey Keilber, so conceited, I can't relate to her.... the common denominator is they are all attractive women and all above average dancers.
    Florimel likes this.

Elizabeth and Val, by process of elimination may have Foxtrot next. Looking forward to a really fun old Hollywood dance.

Baby Sky, Elizabeth's little boy came to visit Team Chmerkley in rehearsal today and the result is just adorable
    Instagram
    Last edited by Arielflies; 09-26-2013 at 06:21 PM.
    Florimel likes this.

Elizabeth gave us quite a bit to look forward to in her last tweet.

Foxtrot and a flying theme....

Let's just hope it lives up to expectations...

Very disappointed in the judges and lowballing her. Both Len and Louis Van Amstel thought she was really good as did I. I was bored with the others and changed the channel to the Voice, but not before I got in a lot of votes for her. Argentine Tango is next week and if she gets sent packing after that, then I'm out for good.

Hopefully they'll knock it out with the AT! That dance always seem to be a crowd pleaser and oftentimes a slam dunk, so banking on this following the same tradition.

+ Reply to Thread