+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

FORT Fogey

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Stay away from #dreamcrushers. Create the reality u dream of...

-Elizabeth Berkley

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Wow. There's a lot of people who just love Elizabeth for who she is, I'm not sure that this board could take uncomplimentary words about some of the other contestants' appearance, but I guess some people's favorites are being threatened.
    As per the rules -- Any contestant or reality show character on TV is fair game, and can be adored or trashed as any member sees fit. The only thing that isn't allowed is speaking negatively about other members for their choices/opinions. Have fierce debates, but keep them respectful.
    indy1945 and maude~flanders like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    As per the rules -- Any contestant or reality show character on TV is fair game, and can be adored or trashed as any member sees fit. The only thing that isn't allowed is speaking negatively about other members for their choices/opinions. Have fierce debates, but keep them respectful.
    Okay, thanks. I definitely trash poor dancing.

I feel sad for Elizabeth. I see someone who is not that confident and just wants to be loved for who she is.

Mind you, my eyesight got pretty bad last year but still that's what I see. I hope she does well and finds a way to connect with the viewers.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as a 'special powers' idol?

I can't put my finger on it but there is just something about Elizabeth that I can not connect with. There is a disconnect like I felt with Melissa, Kelly & Brooke. Let me add, this has nothing to do with her looks. I just feel nothing when she dances. I so really just want to blame it on a really awful movie done when she was very young but even that isn't it. There is nothing there for me.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 09-25-2013 at 08:52 PM.
    NCLurker and maude~flanders like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

To the Point

I simply can't blame it on the really bad movie because, quite frankly, I knew virtually NOTHING about her until this show. I came in with no preconceived notions. I just feel nothing when she dances and there seems to be a heaviness of her limbs when she dances. There is more to dance than doing the right moves with the proper movement and I do not feel that when she dances. It's nice that some do, but just because some do doesn't make other opinions invalid. I do have close ties with a professional company and I can tell you that it isn't always the person who does the moves the best that gets the best opportunities, it is more often those that connect well with a particular part and with the audience. That part of dance is the intangible that can make all the difference.

I also feel a bit of a disconnect with her and can't put my finger on exactly why. It's not her looks because that's never been a criterion for me on this show. It's not the bad movie Showgirls either. She may have had a hard time getting work as an adult actress. Her character was my least favorite on Saved By the Bell. I don't think her acting talent is that good especially when compared with Tiffany Thiesen or Mark Paul Gosselear or even Mario Lopez.

I do think she's a good dancer and I hope she stays around for while because I'd like to see more of her technique and because I really like Val.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I remember when I watched past season and dancers were for obviously excellent dancers, and the comment was "she's boring" "I feel nothing" those comments were for Kristie Yamaguchi, Brooke Burke, Jennifer Grey, etc.... Elizabeth is in good company.

I never felt "boring" about Kristi Yamaguchi or Jennifer Grey. I like both of them and their dancing quite a lot. I do admit that Brooke didn't do much for me; I can barely remember her or who her pro was.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I never felt "boring" about Kristi Yamaguchi or Jennifer Grey. I like both of them and their dancing quite a lot. I do admit that Brooke didn't do much for me; I can barely remember her or who her pro was.
    Nope they didn't bore me either.( especially Kristi Yamaguch ) Brooke was a little robotic. but she seemed to connect with a lot of people and she gave it her all. I have to agree with NCLurker,post. I find EB a little wooden, and a tad boring. We cannot like everyone, I am just glad I like more than one person this season. I enjoy a few of them .
    NCLurker likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread