+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    When Shawn was on the first time and was 17 (under age), she was stalked while on the show. Does everyone remember that? Anyway, that is when we first saw a copy of the contract that the stars sign for DWTS. I remember noting that one of the stipulations was that the star agreed to wear whatever costume was designed for her/ him to wear. There was a lot more language involved to the stipulation, but pared down, that is basically what the stipulation said. The star has to wear what they say. The star is not the one that gets to design the costume.
    That is also probably why they made such a big deal the season that they let the star design the costumes for the pros to wear one week. It seems like Kirstie put Maks in some tight hippie looking pants maybe??

Also, Shawn's first season when she was 17, there was a big hooplah about the Latin dances. Her age was going to have to be taken in to consideration when Mark choreographed for her, and the judges would also have to take her age into consideration when they judged the routine for content and "how" Latin dances should be executed.

Without saying any of this, last season the same issues were taken into account with Zen. Her costumes and her dances (including Latin moves) were age appropriate, very tasteful, and beautifully executed. Nothing was said because that ground had already been previously covered earlier with Shawn.

However, Elizabeth is an adult, and I suspect they are going to expect sexy out of her when it comes especially to the Latin dances and costumes.
    Nothing wrong with sexy imho. I don't want to go back to Zen( who I have heard nothing about since the show), she was so last season. - this season is different crew, same pros, so we will see.
    combatcutie and Florimel like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Nothing wrong with sexy imho. I don't want to go back to Zen( who I have heard nothing about since the show), she was so last season. - this season is different crew, same pros, so we will see.
    I was trying to show how and why there were deviations made in costuming and choreographies. By and large, it seems to me that perhaps both the producers and the judges want and expect a certain type content in the choreography, and I don't know so much about the judges, but I would imagine the producers would expect the costumes be like they are. They want to catch and keep viewers' attention, and flashy costumes help to do that.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

When Shawn was on the first time and was 17 (under age), she was stalked while on the show. Does everyone remember that? Anyway, that is when we first saw a copy of the contract that the stars sign for DWTS. I remember noting that one of the stipulations was that the star agreed to wear whatever costume was designed for her/ him to wear. There was a lot more language involved to the stipulation, but pared down, that is basically what the stipulation said. The star has to wear what they say. The star is not the one that gets to design the costume.
    That is also probably why they made such a big deal the season that they let the star design the costumes for the pros to wear one week. It seems like Kirstie put Maks in some tight hippie looking pants maybe??

Also, Shawn's first season when she was 17, there was a big hooplah about the Latin dances. Her age was going to have to be taken in to consideration when Mark choreographed for her, and the judges would also have to take her age into consideration when they judged the routine for content and "how" Latin dances should be executed.

Without saying any of this, last season the same issues were taken into account with Zen. Her costumes and her dances (including Latin moves) were age appropriate, very tasteful, and beautifully executed. Nothing was said because that ground had already been previously covered earlier with Shawn.

However, Elizabeth is an adult, and I suspect they are going to expect sexy out of her when it comes especially to the Latin dances and costumes.
    Great analysis!

No one will ever top Edyta's skimpiness...though some have come a little close!

Okay, so back on topic, ABC posted a cute vid of her and Val on Instagram...he apparently said Saved by the Bell helped him learn English...so she was asking him about it and he was like "actually, my favorite was the other one!"...and she was like "Kelly Kapowski?! Well alright then!"

It was funny!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

That is an awful picture. She looks like a wax statue...with funky eyes. Too much airbrushing can be a baaaaaad thing.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

I was trying to show how and why there were deviations made in costuming and choreographies. By and large, it seems to me that perhaps both the producers and the judges want and expect a certain type content in the choreography, and I don't know so much about the judges, but I would imagine the producers would expect the costumes be like they are. They want to catch and keep viewers' attention, and flashy costumes help to do that.
    My point is the choreography doesn't have to be that ugly sexual smoothering that Derek did in that awful country video with married Kellie. The costumes will probably remain the way they are, but even Jennifer Grey put in modesty panels in her costumes. It's all about what the individual wants.

Zendaya by contrast is still the darling girl she was on the show, dressing unlike the Miley Cyrus' or the legions of half naked exploited hip hop girls and twerkers. She's bucked the trend, she's incredibly popular with over 10 million views of her video in only 3 weeks, and before it even goes to radio. And she's #76 on the Billboard chart, not the pop chart, not the country chart, the overall top 100 sellers in the nation. That's unheard of. Even big names rarely crack the top 100 before the song is serviced to radio. Her album is scheduled to drop soon, so far well received by the critics , and kids are learning the choreography and song from the video and posting their "cover" versions on youtube. So yeah, she's doing incredibly well, and she doesn't have to get half naked to do it.
    Last edited by EnglishCadbury; 09-06-2013 at 10:15 PM.
    MountainBreeze likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    That is an awful picture. She looks like a wax statue...with funky eyes. Too much airbrushing can be a baaaaaad thing.
    I think that's her new face, I hope she looks different in RL, her other pics are just as bad
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Elizabeth is just lovely and natural and in it for the right reasons

Elizabeth Berkley: 'This was the right time to do 'DWTS' | Video | www.ontheredcarpet.com

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Elizabeth is just lovely and natural and in it for the right reasons

Elizabeth Berkley: 'This was the right time to do 'DWTS' | Video | www.ontheredcarpet.com
    She's much more recognizable in that video. I think they did over-airbrush the picture.
    EnglishCadbury likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    She's much more recognizable in that video. I think they did over-airbrush the picture.
    Yes. Airbrushing aside, I think she'll be very different than what people envision.

FORT Fogey

More about Elizabeth and her work with teen girls and self esteem and bullying issues. Access Hollywood interview July 2013
    Access Hollywood Live: Elizabeth Berkley Teaches Girls & Teens Tools To Build Self-Esteem | Access Hollywood
    MountainBreeze likes this.

+ Reply to Thread