+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Everything, including costumes and staging, were set for the song not used. By changing it at the last minute those previous set items also needed changing to fit the new theme. Yes, Val was frustrated, but Elizabeth prevailed.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't hate Elizabeth. Don't know much about her other than Showgirls & that was many moons ago. I just feel nothing when she dances. The judges tell me I was supposed to be WOWED by what she just did but I wasn't. That is the problem, the judges want me to see/feel & vote for her. That makes me do the exact opposite. Thing is, if you change your song/dance at the last minute you better kill it, she bombed.
    mesachick and Jaceegirl like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I don't hate Elizabeth. Don't know much about her other than Showgirls & that was many moons ago. I just feel nothing when she dances. The judges tell me I was supposed to be WOWED by what she just did but I wasn't. That is the problem, the judges want me to see/feel & vote for her. That makes me do the exact opposite. Thing is, if you change your song/dance at the last minute you better kill it, she bombed.
    Yup, she sure did. She has better bring it Monday, or she will be out before Bill
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't know, but I suspect that no matter how Elizabeth dances, Bill and Leah will still get more votes. I don't think she has the fans or the personality to bring in many votes when compared to them. I'm rooting for her though. She's a better dancer than Bill, though I do like him and I like her better than Leah. She's not my favorite by a long shot, but seems nice enough.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't know, but I suspect that no matter how Elizabeth dances, Bill and Leah will still get more votes. I don't think she has the fans or the personality to bring in many votes when compared to them. I'm rooting for her though. She's a better dancer than Bill, though I do like him and I like her better than Leah. She's not my favorite by a long shot, but seems nice enough.
    You may well be right about Leah and Bill's votes. Leah has been in more recent shows, and Bill is currently touring as well. Also, I think Bill is that guy in the group that everybody just likes. It wouldn't matter if he had no talents of any kind at all. He just is likable.

However, I don't agree with other posters that Elizabeth bombed. She did not do as well as she had done previously, and obviously changing the dance at a late date was going to have an effect, but I don't think she danced poorly at all - she just didn't dance as well, and it showed. If she had danced that poorly, she would have gotten a considerably lower score. Carrie Ann does not hesitate to give them out except when her heart is particularly involved - and I don't think it is with Val and Elizabeth.
    Florimel and Arielflies like this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I still find her clunky. She can do the moves yes, but she just isn't elegant at all. She's very stiff, her movements don't flow together well. Looked like it was a tough week for them.
    I agree about her being clunky and her movements don't flow well. As an example when her and Val were side by side and she did her kicks her legs didn't have the extension that they should have. I felt that she went through the movements of the dance saying I have to do this and now this, etc.

From the beginning I haven't seen a connection with Val and Elizabeth and I still feel the same way. Val had fantastic chemistry with Kelly Monaco and last season he had a brother sister type of connection with Zandaya. I don't feel any connection with Val and Liz at all even though I feel that is what they are still trying to make us believe.

I believe I heard CA say that Liz was trained in Jazz and so I expected a great routine - especially when she appeared excited enough to want to change the song at the last minute. I didn't see a great routine imo and felt like it was very disjointed. I agree with those that said the performance bombed.
    mesachick and Baby's Breath like this.

Wow! Elizabeth and Val must have been way below everyone else in the voting to have been eliminated when they were number 2 on the leader board and ahead of Bill by quite a ways in judging scores. That must have been quite a shock for her!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Wow! Elizabeth and Val must have been way below everyone else in the voting to have been eliminated when they were number 2 on the leader board and ahead of Bill by quite a ways in judging scores. That must have been quite a shock for her!
    Not surprising as regards how the show works -- which is clearly NOT based on dancing skills. Too bad.
    She really hasn't done anything significant, as regards fan-base building, since Saved by the Bell and Showgirls. The nostalgia vote will only take one so far. (We have more "grown up" things to do than spend a lot of time making calls or texting for a TV show.)

Having said that, I don't know why Leah Remini is still in…
    (She was in SBTB for a few eps, IIRC…)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Not surprising as regards how the show works -- which is clearly NOT based on dancing skills. Too bad.
    She really hasn't done anything significant, as regards fan-base building, since Saved by the Bell and Showgirls. The nostalgia vote will only take one so far. (We have more "grown up" things to do than spend a lot of time making calls or texting for a TV show.)

Having said that, I don't know why Leah Remini is still in…
    (She was in SBTB for a few eps, IIRC…)
    I think most of Leah's fans come from her starring in The King of Queens for about ten years.
    Last edited by GabbyG; 11-12-2013 at 07:04 PM. Reason: name

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyG View Post
    I think most of Leah's fans come from her starring in The King of Queens for about ten years.
    That makes sense. Although the show's been cancelled, the reruns are all over the place.
    She does have a fun spirit!
    (...and is friends with Chelsea Handler...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread