+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

I don't hate her, I don't like her. It's that simple .Why can't I dislike her, while others are disliked???

.Liz is nothing special and she isn't exempt from any criticism. I do like Bill though
    jucamer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not saying you can't dislike her. You can't help how you feel. I just wonder why she's so disliked. I feel like I'm missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'm not saying you can't dislike her. You can't help how you feel. I just wonder why she's so disliked. I feel like I'm missing something.
    I have posted why( I think) I don't like her. I am not alone, so I guess with some posters( and not just on this forum) she doesn't connect for some reason. I thought her last routine was very showgirls , I thought that was what she was crying about last week..? nope, don't like her( don't like her victim role) , don't hate her, don't enjoy her.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 11-06-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Val is just a man like any other man, and he puts his pants on the same way that they do for all that he can dance from here to Kingdom Come.
    Yes, he does, as do Derek, the golden boy and Mark, the show off.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I'm not sure I would say I dislike or hate Elizabeth. If she's voted off the show, I'd be fine with it. I don't feel a great connecton with her. But I don't hate her. I think the reason I don't feel a connection to her is that she doesn't come across to me to really be taking in the DWTS experience and having FUN with it. She comes across as taking it very seriously - as if it's some sort of monumental competition. I've always enjoyed the contestants the most who either have a ball with the whole thing and make it fun, or who really seem to grow as people because of a postive experience. Elizabeth doesn't come across as either of those to me. She seems like she's totally focused on winning a mirror ball trophy. To that I say "really? It's just a trophy".

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I guess I can relate with her because I'm very competitive and take things seriously. If I was on the show, I would do my very best and try to absorb all I could from my pro dancer. I'd want to win to show my pro that I was listening and to prove to myself that I could do it.

I have more scorn for stars who come on the show and don't put in the effort, claiming they're just not a dancer, or making a mockery of things. It irks me when people like that stay week after week.

There has to be a balance. The star has to be committed to trying their best but also enjoy the experience as they're going through it.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I guess I can relate with her because I'm very competitive and take things seriously. If I was on the show, I would do my very best and try to absorb all I could from my pro dancer. I'd want to win to show my pro that I was listening and to prove to myself that I could do it.

I have more scorn for stars who come on the show and don't put in the effort, claiming they're just not a dancer, or making a mockery of things. It irks me when people like that stay week after week.

There has to be a balance. The star has to be committed to trying their best but also enjoy the experience as they're going through it.
    I am as well, competitive that is . However I will give that over to the one( in this case Val ) to know more than I .He has done this show before, he knows what music goes with what song etc.( or his choreography) I do not believe that's what she does. They didn't get a good score this time, I hope she is quiet next week and allows him to lead.
    Leah has said week after week she doesn't dance, that's why I would love her to leave. I don't hear that often from Jack and I didn't hear it from Brant
    -Andy Rooney-

In all fairness to her, I doubt she is the first star to change a song...she is probably just the first one we've seen.

I didn't like her dance Monday, but I really don't like "jazz" routines from anyone cause I don't know how they should look!

I do find she is taking this extremely seriously...which is maybe why I feel a slight disconnect with her. I have enjoyed a few of her dances this season though! She is by no means my favorite but she is also by no means the worst.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    In all fairness to her, I doubt she is the first star to change a song...she is probably just the first one we've seen.

I didn't like her dance Monday, but I really don't like "jazz" routines from anyone cause I don't know how they should look!

I do find she is taking this extremely seriously...which is maybe why I feel a slight disconnect with her. I have enjoyed a few of her dances this season though! She is by no means my favorite but she is also by no means the worst.
    I agree she may not be, although I am not sure if or when the star changes the song -if it's the last minute, it doesn't give them a lot of time .It's funny all these years nobody has mentioned it. In rehearsal, I see a lot of Val not being happy( and I am not a Val fan ) but when he says to her 'when you want to learn to dance and not tell me how ' ( something like that) something is just a little off between these two. Maybe a little power struggle - who knows.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 11-07-2013 at 12:24 AM.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree she may not be, although I am not sure if or when the star changes the song -if it's the last minute, it doesn't give them a lot of time .It's funny all these years nobody has mentioned it. In rehearsal, I see a lot of Val not being happy( and I am not a Val fan ) but when he says to her 'when you want to learn to dance and not tell me how ' ( something like that) something is just a little off between these two. Maybe a little power struggle - who knows.
    Val doesn't like to be crossed really in any way....big brother is exactly the same. How many times did we see Maks react like Val does? Maks was better at it than Val is (!), but Val is gaining on him....Both of them can be very temperamental; we just have not seen (edited) much of that side of Val before this season; however, I suspect as we go along, we are going to see more and more of this type thing from him. Please don't get me wrong. I flat out accept Maks and have called his behavior arrogance when I thought it was justified. He is nonetheless a magnificent speciman of male dancer! Val is working his way up the ladder as well to that same pinnacle. I will, though, call out his behavior - just like I did Maks' - when I think it is justified.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

+ Reply to Thread