+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Thread: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Re: Elizabeth Berkley Lauren & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 17

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Maybe her EB career needs a boost? her reputation does proceed her, I saw that on another forum. Loved the video of Derek and Kellie, made even better by the fact they won last year her hubby was at rehearsal, and he an Derek are good friends..nice to see for a change
    I don't think so. She's been out of the spotlight, by her own choice, for years. She is married to Ralph Lauren's son and just had a baby. My guess is that this is something she wanted to do to re-ignite her childhood passion for dance.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I don't think so. She's been out of the spotlight, by her own choice, for years. She is married to Ralph Lauren's son and just had a baby. My guess is that this is something she wanted to do to re-ignite her childhood passion for dance.
    Maybe, I guess we will see. I saw an interview, lets hope she isn't as snobby she is was in that!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I don't know this lady, but her reputation precedes her , so I am now anxious to see her in action; in fact, it sounds like this season we may have several who have somewhat of a headstart - some more than others - so I am looking forward to seeing them dance.
    It sounds like it is going to be an interesting season on DWTS!

Kellie has a fantastic figure, so it wasn't too hard for her to look sexy. If Elizabeth has the propensity to look sexy, you can bet that it is the look that they will go for with her too. Overly modest or even modest costumes on this show on any woman with a half decent figure has never been much of an option.

As for Kellie's video, according to the standards of today's videos, it fit right in, and it rather seductively matched the music. I didn't think it was boring at all, but I did feel badly for her still new husband who maybe didn't watch it but still knew it had taken place. I felt like it had to be a difficult situation for him.

Well, I think Elizabeth has turned her focus to helping teenage girls with self-esteem issues, as I gather from Val's blog that she hasn't danced in 20 years in part due to a reputation that would be rather tame today given Miley Cyrus' propencity for glorifying drugs and simulated sex. Regardless, I think they will try to maintain a happy medium between bodice ripping and an after school special, I think that's very important to her given her work with teens. It just is ridiculous to paint Val as this all about sex dancer, particularly when he was a brilliant age appropriate choreographer last season, and all Derek did in that video was clinging sex. I really dislike country music anyway, but a slow country waltz was like nails on a chalkboard for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I totally agree, she is passionate about dance. That's why it's perfect she's with Val, someone who loves to teach dancing, not cut all the corners to win.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Well, I think Elizabeth has turned her focus to helping teenage girls with self-esteem issues, as I gather from Val's blog that she hasn't danced in 20 years in part due to a reputation that would be rather tame today given Miley Cyrus' propencity for glorifying drugs and simulated sex. Regardless, I think they will try to maintain a happy medium between bodice ripping and an after school special, I think that's very important to her given her work with teens. It just is ridiculous to paint Val as this all about sex dancer, particularly when he was a brilliant age appropriate choreographer last season, and all Derek did in that video was clinging sex. I really dislike country music anyway, but a slow country waltz was like nails on a chalkboard for me.
    One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the costumes and choreographies were kept in line with a 16 or 17 year old Zen. That was exactly the case the first time around with Shawn when she was 17 years old. However, 3 years later when she was 20 ( and considered "of age") and was on the All Star Season, her choreographies were more sexy, and her costumes showed plenty of cleavage! Shawn was still considered a role model......

Maybe they will take what Elizabeth tries to do and keep it in mind with the choreographies and costuming, but that is not what history has shown in the past on DWTS. I guess we will see. We can hope for the best, but don't be surprised if you see her in the same kind of costumes and choreographies as everyone else.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the costumes and choreographies were kept in line with a 16 or 17 year old Zen. That was exactly the case the first time around with Shawn when she was 17 years old. However, 3 years later when she was 20 ( and considered "of age") and was on the All Star Season, her choreographies were more sexy, and her costumes showed plenty of cleavage! Shawn was still considered a role model......

Maybe they will take what Elizabeth tries to do and keep it in mind with the choreographies and costuming, but that is not what history has shown in the past on DWTS. I guess we will see. We can hope for the best, but don't be surprised if you see her in the same kind of costumes and choreographies as everyone else.
    Of course costumes are age appropriate, as in any ballroom competition, but I will guess that she will want to remain tasteful.

I am betting they are skimpy- just a thought -
    -Andy Rooney-

Hey, if she has the body for it...why not? This is a dancing show after all.

It's not like she is dressing like that on the street...costuming is part of the show and I'm sure those teenagers she helps would understand.
    Florimel likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Hey, if she has the body for it...why not? This is a dancing show after all.

It's not like she is dressing like that on the street...costuming is part of the show and I'm sure those teenagers she helps would understand.
    Yup, that's why I think she will be as skimpy as the ones the pros (hardly )wear..
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am betting they are skimpy- just a thought -
    When Shawn was on the first time and was 17 (under age), she was stalked while on the show. Does everyone remember that? Anyway, that is when we first saw a copy of the contract that the stars sign for DWTS. I remember noting that one of the stipulations was that the star agreed to wear whatever costume was designed for her/ him to wear. There was a lot more language involved to the stipulation, but pared down, that is basically what the stipulation said. The star has to wear what they say. The star is not the one that gets to design the costume.
    That is also probably why they made such a big deal the season that they let the star design the costumes for the pros to wear one week. It seems like Kirstie put Maks in some tight hippie looking pants maybe??

Also, Shawn's first season when she was 17, there was a big hooplah about the Latin dances. Her age was going to have to be taken in to consideration when Mark choreographed for her, and the judges would also have to take her age into consideration when they judged the routine for content and "how" Latin dances should be executed.

Without saying any of this, last season the same issues were taken into account with Zen. Her costumes and her dances (including Latin moves) were age appropriate, very tasteful, and beautifully executed. Nothing was said because that ground had already been previously covered earlier with Shawn.

However, Elizabeth is an adult, and I suspect they are going to expect sexy out of her when it comes especially to the Latin dances and costumes.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

+ Reply to Thread